Dunn Deal?: Dunn for Hensley and Hampson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dunn Deal?: Dunn for Hensley and Hampson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dunn Deal?: Dunn for Hensley and Hampson

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 pm

quitesanemax wrote:So, generally speaking, if Dunn gets traded do people feel this is definately a bad thing for his production? And I'm not definately talking about this trade. It just seems that when I hear people talk about Dunn getting traded, it is considered a bad thing. It makes sense, when you look at his production, and you see that he is much better at home than on the road, and Cincy is a hitter's park. Since the talk has been about trading Dunn, I'm wondering if anyone who has him should be thinking about trying to trade him while he is hot to someone who isn't paying attention to details like this.

yes. great american ballpark is one of the best parks to hit in. if he gets dealt, especially to a place like petco, you gotta believe it would hurt his value.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The River » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:22 pm

The reason this is bad for all Dunn owners (such as me :o ) is because statiscally, Petco Park, where the Padres play, is the worst hitting park in the MLB. It's been this way for the past half decade or so. Thus, his HR production will lower, which is what we Dunn owners bought him for, the 40 HRs in Great American BallPark.
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby IllinoisBandit » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:56 pm

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/re ... -rumor.asp

And I keep sayin' it, but Dunn is immune to park factors. 450 ft bombs to right field go out no matter where you're playing.
And it would be a shame if he continued his 1.018 OPS at PETCO.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JoshExley » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:30 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/re ... -rumor.asp

And I keep sayin' it, but Dunn is immune to park factors. 450 ft bombs to right field go out no matter where you're playing.

Agreed. ;D
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:06 am

If it hasn't been announced by now it's obviously not a "Dunn deal". I think the Reds could do better than that for a 27 year old who hits 40-50 homers a year.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:32 am

IllinoisBandit wrote:http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/re ... -rumor.asp

then how do you explain his home/road splits? this doesnt just effect dunn. reds hitters around dunn in the lineup all hit better in the GAB than the pads do at petco. this also affects his runs and rbi's as well. AND im sure ALL of his hr's arent 450 feet. ACTUALLY, i'd be 100 % shocked if more than half of them were. if you can prove me wrong, go right ahead.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The River » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:29 am

I agree with Snakes Gould, Petco Park will completely destroy Dunn and he will become nearly useless in fantasy baseball.
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fritzenhammer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:47 am

I disagree that this would destroy Dunn's value. I saw an analysis piece where homerun trajectory was analyzed, and I believe Dunn was the player who had the fewest homeruns that 'just' squeaked out of the ballpark. His power is legit no matter what the park - he might be one of the few players capable of 40+ at Petco.

GAB is a nice place to hit, but maybe it's not the fences - maybe Dunn's comfortable in front of the home crowd.

FH
Fritzenhammer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zig zag daddy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:37 am

This thread is making me think more and more that dunn could be a great buy low candidate.
zig zag daddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahuff » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:45 am

His career stats show that he hits 1 homer per 9 at bats in Petco while he jacks 1 homer per 11 at bats in Cincy. I don't know that this is going to affect him a ton.
ahuff
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates