Trade Rumor: Buehrle to the Mets? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Trade Rumor: Buehrle to the Mets?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Rumor: Buehrle to the Mets?

Postby ivanhack » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:49 pm

cbs.sportsline

Mark Buehrle, SP CHW
News: LHP Mark Buehrle was asked Monday if his gut feeling was that he would be traded soon. "Yes and no," Buehrle said. "I can see why I would be, the way we are playing and the baseball side of it. But then again, I want to spend my whole career here, and hopefully, I won't (get traded)." Just don't tell that to the rumor mill.
Analysis: Not only was Buehrle all but traded to the New York Mets on Monday morning by ESPN, but he had been receiving text messages throughout the day from friends about where he's headed. "It's exactly what it is," Buehrle said. "I'm here right now. If you want to talk about rumors, we can do this every day, because a different one pops up. Until (GM) Kenny (Williams) comes to me and says I've been traded, then we will talk about being traded." He has gone at least eight innings in three of his past four starts, allowing just nine earned runs in 30 innings in that span (2.70 ERA). He is a pitcher worth using in all Fantasy formats against the Cubs on Thursday.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Rumor: Buehrle to the Mets?

Postby SmartassBoiler » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:47 pm

Is there any way the Sox could squeeze Milledge out of the Mets?
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby merr1127 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:52 pm

ive heard milledge would be the center piece of the trade and the mets would need to add in the speedy OF Gomez and a less significant pitching prospect. I've also heard that Dye could be included in the trade
merr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mac-unit » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:03 pm

we dont need another starter, i want lidge so he can set up for wagner, not a starter :/
but minaya knows what he is doing so i cant question him since he may be working something by dealing away a starter.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby koolhalfski » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:14 pm

mac-unit wrote:we dont need another starter, i want lidge so he can set up for wagner, not a starter :/
but minaya knows what he is doing so i cant question him since he may be working something by dealing away a starter.

We don't need another starter???Have you seen Glavine & El Duque latelty?Their combined age is in the 80's.Do you expect Sosa to be good all season long also?I know Pedro is coming back.But that is in August and who knows if he will be healthy.
HEY NOW!
koolhalfski
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mac-unit » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:28 pm

koolhalfski wrote:
mac-unit wrote:we dont need another starter, i want lidge so he can set up for wagner, not a starter :/

We don't need another starter???Have you seen Glavine & El Duque latelty?Their combined age is in the 80's.Do you expect Sosa to be good all season long also?I know Pedro is coming back.But that is in August and who knows if he will be healthy.

i meant more along the lines of we dont need him. i never liked buehrle and i wouldnt want to give away Milledge for him. there is no way mark buehrle is the best pitcher we can get for a top OF prospect who is almost MLB ready + other possible prospects in the deal.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby koolhalfski » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:42 pm

mac-unit wrote:
koolhalfski wrote:

i meant more along the lines of we dont need him. i never liked buehrle and i wouldnt want to give away Milledge for him. there is no way mark buehrle is the best pitcher we can get for a top OF prospect who is almost MLB ready + other possible prospects in the deal.

Agreed,I wouldnt give up Milledge for him either.
HEY NOW!
koolhalfski
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRaven » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Getting Buehrle for Milledge is better than getting VZambrano for Kazmir. ;)
TheRaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tt1plzne1 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:03 pm

The White Sox are smoking crack if they think Omar is going to trade Carlos Gomez or Lastings Milledge for Mark Buerhle.
tt1plzne1
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates