Your Favorite Team's 2010 Lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your Favorite Team's 2010 Lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Your Favorite Team's 2010 Lineup

Postby Uncle Whiskey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:10 pm

jondunc wrote:I didn't see anyone do the Indians.

C Victor Martinez ($7M club option)
1 Michael Aubrey
2 Josh Barfield
3 Andy Marte
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Franklin Gutierrez
OF Brad Snyder
DH Jhonny Peralta

SP CC Sabathia (re-signed)
SP Cliff Lee ($8M club option)
SP Jake Westbrook
SP Fausto Carmona
SP Adam Miller
CL Fernando Cabrera

Even without factoring any trades in, I like this team's chances. I'm sure I missed somebody...

I think if anything Ryan Garko would be your DH over Peralta. I doubt Marte is still with the team, even though I would like him to be. Plus if they didn't resign sabathia or didn't pick up Lee's option...they could easily put Chuck Lofgren in that rotation.
Uncle Whiskey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevethumb » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:51 pm

outstanding thread...this is the type of insightful commentary that the cafe is noted for...nicely done ;D

i play in a 3 yr cycle fantasy league NL only 13 team so 2010 is a bit of a stretch but the key to leagues like mine is diligent research and some prescienct thoughts regarding possibilities such as are being discussed here...

again, great posts by some learned and enthusiastic baseball fans ;D
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jondunc » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:41 am

Uncle Whiskey wrote:
jondunc wrote:I didn't see anyone do the Indians.

C Victor Martinez ($7M club option)
1 Michael Aubrey
2 Josh Barfield
3 Andy Marte
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Franklin Gutierrez
OF Brad Snyder
DH Jhonny Peralta

SP CC Sabathia (re-signed)
SP Cliff Lee ($8M club option)
SP Jake Westbrook
SP Fausto Carmona
SP Adam Miller
CL Fernando Cabrera

Even without factoring any trades in, I like this team's chances. I'm sure I missed somebody...

I think if anything Ryan Garko would be your DH over Peralta. I doubt Marte is still with the team, even though I would like him to be. Plus if they didn't resign sabathia or didn't pick up Lee's option...they could easily put Chuck Lofgren in that rotation.

I think the Garko bandwagon is going to be losing members left and right by the end of this season. He's made it this far with smoke and mirrors (and a high BABIP), but he's crashing to earth as we speak. AAAA player IMO. I think the tribe is wedded to the idea of Marte (especially after the Phillips incident) and expect him to produce roughly Casey Blake type numbers. And while Lofgren is nice, it's going to be tough to let Sabathia go after 2008 as I think he'll continue to produce at his current rate. The Tribe will finally keep one of their big guns. And despite his failings it's going to be hard to let an average LH (Lee) walk for $8M in 2010 I think.The one possibility I forgot about is moving Martinez to DH and Shoppach to C...
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
2006: 18th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (17 weeks in top 35)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Padsin05 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:26 am

Another Pads one

2B Matt Antonelli
CF Eric Byrnes (signed to 3 yr deal starting in 08)
1B Adrian Gonzalez
LF Kevin Kouzmanoff
3B Chase Headley
SS Khalil Greene
RF Chad Huffman/Will Venable
C Mitch Canham/Josh Bard

Util Stansberry
4OF Vince Sinsi

SP
Peavy
Young
Hensley
Matt Latos
Justin Germano/Nick Schmidt

CL
Hoffman 75mph fastball 63mph changeup 700 career saves
Bell
Ring
Cameron
Rosales
Meredith
2 Scrubs that become studs in the pen
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Uncle Whiskey » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:08 am

jondunc wrote:I think the Garko bandwagon is going to be losing members left and right by the end of this season. He's made it this far with smoke and mirrors (and a high BABIP), but he's crashing to earth as we speak. AAAA player IMO. I think the tribe is wedded to the idea of Marte (especially after the Phillips incident) and expect him to produce roughly Casey Blake type numbers. And while Lofgren is nice, it's going to be tough to let Sabathia go after 2008 as I think he'll continue to produce at his current rate. The Tribe will finally keep one of their big guns. And despite his failings it's going to be hard to let an average LH (Lee) walk for $8M in 2010 I think.The one possibility I forgot about is moving Martinez to DH and Shoppach to C...

I'm not really going to argue with you on any of the points that were made except one. If Lofgren continued to progress the way he is now, I think the Indians would be hard pressed not to keep him over Lee. They are both lefties, and by 2010 Lofgren will probably be where Lee was two years ago. While Lee has done nothing but regress in the past two season. If they have the option between keeping two average lefties at that point, they will probably go with the one that is cheaper.
Uncle Whiskey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:27 am

.333 BABIP is really not all that high for a hitter especially considering it was .333 last year too. The fact his 226 PA's this year almost exactly mirror the 209 PA's he had last year would make me think this is what to expect out of Garko, in fact its almost creepy how similar the two years are.

.333 BABIP vs .333 BABIP
.359 OBP vs .358 OBP
.470 SLG vs .471 SLG
.829 OPS vs .829 OPS
.178 ISO vs .176 ISO
6.12 RC/27 vs 6.17 RC/27
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jondunc » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:25 pm

Ender wrote:.333 BABIP is really not all that high for a hitter especially considering it was .333 last year too. The fact his 226 PA's this year almost exactly mirror the 209 PA's he had last year would make me think this is what to expect out of Garko, in fact its almost creepy how similar the two years are.

.333 BABIP vs .333 BABIP
.359 OBP vs .358 OBP
.470 SLG vs .471 SLG
.829 OPS vs .829 OPS
.178 ISO vs .176 ISO
6.12 RC/27 vs 6.17 RC/27

While I would still say .333 is still an unsustainable BABIP for a player like Garko, it is tough to really argue with those numbers. I had no idea they were that similar. 8-) For the sake of argument, though, let's say he can stay right there. Would the Tribe take those numbers over Peralta's or Martinez's? I think either Aubrey or Martinez lock up the 1B slot, leaving Peralta or Martinez as a DH option (assuming Cabrera advances as I expect, of course). To me, Garko just gets lost in the shuffle and is most likely moved to a team expecting him to stay at those levels (a la Crisp).
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jondunc » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Uncle Whiskey wrote:
jondunc wrote:I think the Garko bandwagon is going to be losing members left and right by the end of this season. He's made it this far with smoke and mirrors (and a high BABIP), but he's crashing to earth as we speak. AAAA player IMO. I think the tribe is wedded to the idea of Marte (especially after the Phillips incident) and expect him to produce roughly Casey Blake type numbers. And while Lofgren is nice, it's going to be tough to let Sabathia go after 2008 as I think he'll continue to produce at his current rate. The Tribe will finally keep one of their big guns. And despite his failings it's going to be hard to let an average LH (Lee) walk for $8M in 2010 I think.The one possibility I forgot about is moving Martinez to DH and Shoppach to C...

I'm not really going to argue with you on any of the points that were made except one. If Lofgren continued to progress the way he is now, I think the Indians would be hard pressed not to keep him over Lee. They are both lefties, and by 2010 Lofgren will probably be where Lee was two years ago. While Lee has done nothing but regress in the past two season. If they have the option between keeping two average lefties at that point, they will probably go with the one that is cheaper.

You make a good point. However, I still think Lee stays where he is (unless he's traded) and turns his regression around at least somewhat. I see him as a slightly better than replacement level pitcher, which I think the Indians will see as a good fit for an $8M salary in 2010. So, if Lofgren continues to progress, I think he'd be more likely to replace Westbrook/Carmona than Lee.
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:55 pm

No one has done the Phils yet? Here we go:

C Carlos Ruiz
1B Ryan Howard
2B Chase Utley
3B Garret Atkins (2008 Trade)
SS Jimmy Rollins
LF Michael Bourn
CF Aaron Rowand
RF Shane Victorino

SP1 Cole Hamels
SP2 Brad Penny (2009 FA)
SP3 Carlos Carasco
SP4 Adam Eaton
SP5 Joe Savory

CL Brett Myers
SU1 Ryan Madson
SU2 Mike Zagurski
SteveJeltzPhanClub
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby FBBVirgin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:43 pm

A few guys have done the White Sox already, but another won't hurt. Unless I missed it, no one seems to have accounted for A Rod, and since the future of the White Sox makes me want to drink a gallon of antifreeze and take a long nap, here goes nothing.

C- AJ
1B- Konerko (will retire in the black and white)
2B- IDK Cintron?
SS- Uribe
3B- Fields
LF- Anderson
CF- Owens
RF- Sweeney
DH- A Rod ( I know I know, can't afford him, right? well, who the hell can)
SP- Contreras
SP- Gio
SP - Garland
SP- Danks
SP- Broadway
CL- Jenks

Hey, at least in 2010 I will have a 2008 Superbowl Champs and a 2009 Superbowl Champs sweatshirt with the Bears logo on them.
FBBVirgin
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers