Your Favorite Team's 2010 Lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your Favorite Team's 2010 Lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Your Favorite Team's 2010 Lineup

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:23 am

Okay, I'm not sure if this goes in the GT forum, or this one, so I decided to put it here. I wrote this in my blog and figured this would stir up some discussion. Basically, what you do is try to figure out your team's 2010 lineup. Include trades, free agent signings, minor leaguers, etc;

I'll start off: Atlanta Braves

There hasn’t been too many rumors involving the Braves, so I decided to do a little thinking of what the lineup will look like come 2010. I will be constructing the lineup through trades, minor league promotions and free agent signings. Without further adieu, your 2010 Atlanta Braves starting lineup and pitching staff.

Starting Lineup

C: Brian McCann - This guy can’t keep hitting like this for long. He recently signed an extension leading me to believe he is the catcher of the future, not Saltalamacchia

1B: Kala Ka’aihue - If you haven’t heard of him yet, don’t worry, you are among many others. This guy has enormous power potential, and if he starts to make contact consistently, he will be a regular by ‘09.

2B: Kelly Johnson - Not the prototypical lead-off man due to his speed (or lack-thereof) but his .391 OBP and excellent eye will keep him in the lineup.

3B: Eric Campbell - While some (including BA) feel as though Van Pope will be the heir to Chipper, I think the Braves will go with the more offensive oriented player in Campbell. He has plus power, and in Low A had 22 HRs and 18 SBs; not too shabby.

SS: Elvis Andrus - Just 18 years old now, this guy’s potential is seemingly unlimited. He’s not much of an offensive threat, but he’s still very young. What he lacks with the bat, he makes up with his glove.

LF: Brandon Jones - This was a tough call for me. It was either Jones or Thorman. Jones is more athletic than Thorman and has tons of potential.

CF: Brent Lillibridge - A SS by trade, he played CF in college so I think he will move back to CF with Andruw leaving this year. He is a prototypical lead-off hitter, so Kelly can move into the two hole.

RF: Jeff Francouer - He will be the next Brave to get an extension. One of the best young power hitters in the game, there is no reason to believe he will be gone come 2010.

Pitching Staff

1: John Smoltz - He signed a three year extension (his options will get picked up) and will still be our ace. This will be his last year for the future HOFer though.

2: Rich Harden - A powerful punch of Smoltz-Harden will be in their last year. With Smoltz’s retirement coming after 2010, Harden can step up and be the new ace of the staff.

3: Chuck James - He still has 5 years left of service, and if he keeps up this pace, he will become a quality number three.

4: Matt Harrison - Compared to Tom Glavine, he should be called up this year, or at the very least next year.

5: Anthony Lerew - In the short time I saw Lerew this year, I liked what I saw. Sure, he had two bad outings, but that will change once he gets more experienced and develops more in the minors.

SU: Joey Devine - Many Braves fans (including me) cringe when they hear this name, but he still has great stuff. He would be the closer of the future (COTF) if it wasn’t for the two trades the Braves made this offseason.

SU: Mike Gonzalez - The only thing stopping this hard throwing lefty is that left elbow. If that could stay intact, he could fight for the closer’s role.

CL: Rafael Soriano - If you have seen him pitch, you’ll know why all Braves fans love to see him enter the game. He throws very hard (upper 90’s) and has COTF written all over him.

How Did We Get Here?

We trade Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Jo-Jo Reyes for Rich Harden. This trade is done because we need antoher solid starter. Harden is one of the best pitcher in the game if he can stay healthy.

We decline Tim Hudson’s 12 million dollar option. I don’t think he will be the same as he was in previous years.

Chipper Jones retires. He has been so injury prone that I doubt he signs an extension. This will be a sad, sad day for Braves fans.

Thorman and Diaz will both be on the bench as a righty/lefty power bat.

Edgar Renteria will most likely walk after the 2009 season. This is offset by the younger Elvis Andrus.

Andruw Jones leaves unfortunately. JS is not known for signing huge contracts, and with Boras as Jones’ agent, there is no way we get him for less than 17 million per year.

The Baby Braves

Jason Heyward - Picked 14 overall this year, he will be a full time Brave in 2011. He will most likely take over in LF if Brandon Jones doesn’t cut it.

Cody Johnson - Picked last year, he is extremely raw, but has enormous power potential. If all things fall in to place, the Braves have two top 25 prospects in baseball.

John Gilmore - He may be the long term solution at 3B. He is yet another Brave with tons of power potential. He may play 3B over Van Pope and Eric Campbell.

Overview

As you can see, the Braves are going to have a completely new look. All the faces that we have grown to love (Chipper, Edgar, Andruw) will be gone either through free agency or retirement. It’s so hard to predict who JS will sign, but if the minors continues to produce players like in the past, there will be no reason to break the bank on some high end free agent. Our starting pitching will be pretty solid, and our pen will be the best in the majors.

Power: I think that the Braves will have plenty of power. With McCann, Francouer, Ka’aihue, and Campbell.

Speed: I think the Braves will have some decent speed. Lillibridge will steal around 25 bags, Andrus will have at least 20 and players such as Jones, Campbell and Johnson will add in around 10 each.

Okay, that’s it. That is the 2010 Braves lineup/pitching rotation/bullpen. If you have any areas where you agree/disagree, feel free to comment. Until then, Go Braves!!!
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Your Favorite Team's 2010 Lineup

Postby ordinarygenius » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:44 am

Interesting topic. By the way, if you want to compare your forecast with what the experts say, Baseball America has a list of 2010 projected lineups for each MLB team. They don't take possible trades into account, though.

Go to http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... op10/2006/

click on the team of your choice then scroll down a bit, you'll have it.
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GoodWood » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:00 am

have you lost your mind? this is the reason why conan calls us nerds.

AND...

what makes you think you are getting rich away from us?

good luck. we still possess rich and a better team than you.

nice try.
F#$% the Fremont A's-- Let's Go Oakland!!

(still keepin' those popups unblocked) ;-D
GoodWood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby theclefe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:24 am

I'll do the NY Yankees.

C - Victor Martinez - Signed as a Free Agent
1B - Albert Pujols - Signed as a Free Agent for 30m/year
2b - Robinson Cano - Only because Chase Utley is a FA next year.
SS - Derek Jeter - Can't expect him to leave
3B - Miguel Cabrera - Traded for in 2008. He now weighs 350 pounds
LF - Hideki Matsui - He's still around because he hates Ichiro
CF - Ichiro Suzuki - He's still around because he hates Hideki Matsui
RF - Carlos Quentin - traded for in 2009.
DH - Jim Thome - bad back, bad knee, bad groin... sign him!

SP - Philip Hughes - One of the best pitchers in the league in 2010
SP - Johan Santana - shocking FA pickup
SP - Chen Ming Wang - still throwing the sinker
SP - Roger Clemens - http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6562
SP - Tyler Clippard - good enough to be their 5th starter
CL - Mariano Rivera - cutter anyone?

;7
Last edited by theclefe on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:32 am

GoodWood wrote:have you lost your mind? this is the reason why conan calls us nerds.

AND...

nice try.

LoL, yeah better team ;7

And yes, Rich Harden has been on the block. Lastings was rumored to go for him.

This thread isn't meant for arguing who's better than who. I really put some thought in to this and you just comment like that? Come on man...

You stupid A's fan. You guys play in the damn AL West. Braves rule.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:35 am

GoodWood wrote:have you lost your mind? this is the reason why conan calls us nerds.

AND...

nice try.

Nice post. You really added a ton to the thread. ;7 :^
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:36 am

Oh, and I'll do the Mets tomorrow if I get a chance.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:43 am

ordinarygenius wrote:Interesting topic. By the way, if you want to compare your forecast with what the experts say, Baseball America has a list of 2010 projected lineups for each MLB team. They don't take possible trades into account, though.

Go to http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... op10/2006/

click on the team of your choice then scroll down a bit, you'll have it.

Yeah, I subscribe to BA. It gave me the "inspiration" :B But when I saw the D-Rays, with Cantu, I repeat Cantu the 2B in 2010 it made me sick %6 I kind of used it, but I used the scouting reports more to see who I thought would be the better fit.

An example of that was when I put Campbell at 3B instead of the higher up Pope because Andrus was known for his defense and Campbell was more of a 3B hitting wise than Pope. I felt on the left side of the INF should have at least some pop.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fantasybaseballfan1 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 am

theclefe wrote:I'll do the NY Yankees.

C - Victor Martinez - Signed as a Free Agent
1B - Albert Pujols - Signed as a Free Agent for 30m/year
2b - Robinson Cano - Only because Chase Utley is a FA next year.
SS - Derek Jeter - Can't expect him to leave
3B - Miguel Cabrera - Traded for in 2008. He now weighs 350 pounds
LF - Hideki Matsui - He's still around because he hates Ichiro
CF - Ichiro Suzuki - He's still around because he hates Hideki Matsui
RF - Carlos Quentin - traded for in 2009.
DH - Jim Thome - bad back, bad knee, bad groin... sign him!

SP - Philip Hughes - One of the best pitchers in the league in 2010
SP - Johan Santana - shocking FA pickup
SP - Chen Ming Wang - still throwing the sinker
SP - Roger Clemens - http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6562
SP - Tyler Clippard - good enough to be their 5th starter
CL - Mariano Rivera - cutter anyone?

;7

It's probably a lot more like this;
C- Francisco Cervelli
1b- Jesus Montero
2b- Robinson Cano
SS- Derek Jeter
3b- Miguel Cabrera/Alex Rodriguez
Rf- Jose Tabata
Cf- Sizemore/DeJesus
Lf- Holliday/Crawford
Dh- Miguel Cabrera/Alex Rodriguez/Travis Hafner
Sp- Phil Hughes
Sp- Joba Chamberlain
Sp- Chien Ming Wang
Sp- Dellin Betances
Sp- Andrew Brackman/ Ian Kennedy
Cl- Humberto Sanchez/ J.B. Cox
Last edited by fantasybaseballfan1 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
fantasybaseballfan1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:38 am

I'll give it a shot.

C: JP Arencibia
1B: Lyle Overbay
2B: Aaron Hill
SS: Justin Jackson
3B: Troy Glaus
LF: Travis Snider
CF: Vernon Wells
RF: Alex Rios
DH: Adam Lind

SP: Roy Halladay
SP: AJ Burnett
SP: Dustin McGowan
SP: Shaun Marcum
SP: Casey Janssen

SU: Jeremy Accardo
SU: Brandon League
CL: BJ Ryan

The Jays are likely going to have major problems at C and SS if Arencibia and Jackson/Ahrens (2007 draft picks) aren't in the major leagues by then. Those could both easily be filled with FA's that season.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers