please rate my team!posted before but got no advice.sinking - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

please rate my team!posted before but got no advice.sinking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

please rate my team!posted before but got no advice.sinking

Postby Mcbunting26 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:13 am

I'm in a 12 team, H2H standard 5x5 league.
Two weeks ago I was sitting in first place now I'm in 4th and dropping fast. I can tell that my problem of late has been a lack of power in my lineup. I like my pitching staff for the most part although I traded wagner away for Berkman and Garland because I desperately needed some power. I realize that I am severely hurting my chances in the saves department but I was probably not going to be able to stack up against any of the top teams in that category anyhow, as they are all stacked at closer.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

c- Molina -I like Molina but he has really cooled off of late and I'm thinking about adding J.buck for his power , 13 homers
1b- A.Gonzalez- started red hot but cooled off but is heating up again.
2b- K.Johnson- Hitting leadoff in a solid lineup and scoring plenty of runs
ss- Reyes- best ss in the game and virtually locks up the steals category for me
3b- Braun- Young but has potential to be a 5 tool guy the rest of the way. Also hitting in a great spot (in front of Fielder)
of- Hunter- Having a carrier season as one of the top outfielders in most any fantasy scoring systems
of- Matsui- Finally starting to heat up with the rest of yankee team. Very consistent producer
of- Berkman- Hoping he'll have a huge second half.
util- Hardy- wishing he'd have another month like april.none the less he has been solid for a waiver wire guy.
util- Ibanez- Hasn't shown the power I drafted him for. But I have a feeling he can hit 12-15 after the break
bn- K. Matsui- Great runs and stolen bases guy when I need him
bn- Lugo- very close to dropping him. His average is killing me but his stolen bases are so useful.

Sp- Peavy- Best in the game right now. Running away with Nl cy young.
Sp- Oswalt- has been o.k. but not the usual Oswalt. Hopefully he will pick things up in the second half.
Sp- Sheilds- Love this kid. He is a K and quality start machine
Sp- Blanton- Very underrated. With exception of a few ugly starts has been brilliant.
Sp- Francis- Really getting things together in the past 5 weeks
Sp- Lincecum- still a believer that he will be a solid starter the rest of the way. huge upside
Sp- Garland- not going to win 18 this year but atleast his era is back to 2005 level.
Sp- Jason Jennings- has pitched well but hasn't gotten a lick of run support all season.
Dl- Josh Johnson- Got shelled in his first start back but I think he'll turn it around.
Rp- Wickman- looking to deal him for a mid level starter ( lilly, Petite, someone of that level)
Rp- Accardo- Good ratios and picks up a save every now and again on that piece of crap team
Rp's- Neshek/R. Sorriano- together these two equal a starter that is 6-3, 1.75 era, .75 whip and 60 k's.

I'd appreciate any advice. I've helped out plenty of people on this site and will continue to do so. Thanx.
Mcbunting26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: please rate my team!posted before but got no advice.sinking

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:53 pm

Other than Buck who is on your WW?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mcbunting26 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:57 pm

at catcher there the cupboard is pretty bare...its buck, Peirzinski,Ross,Olivo...after that there isn't much left. I mean its a 12 team league so there isn't much to be had on waivers. Besides I really don't think Catcher is my problem right now.
Mcbunting26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby 3rice » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Catcher, Utility, and 1b is where you want to find ur power. Martinez is good there so thats not ur problem. Hardy has cooled off so you could use someone there but i wouldnt drop him, just wait him out from week to week. 1b is where I could see you making a change.

Id consider Carlos Pena or Dimitri Young right now in those spots. Also if hes still available you might want to jump on Johnny Gomes...hes starting to really come on now
3rice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mcbunting26 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:00 am

Martinez?? I don't have Martinez. I wish.
As for Hardy, I think he may come around. Those are good suggestions but Young,Gomes and Pena have already been snapped up a long time ago. This is a very competitive 12 team league with 12 very active members. Like I said the waiver wire is picked clean..especially of power.
Mcbunting26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team