Rate these outfielders! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rate these outfielders!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: re

Postby chinch sacs » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:50 pm

aardvarks wrote:Sorry I didn't mention my league rewards 1 pt per total base, run, rbi, bb and 2 pt's for a sb.

I put it like this:

Kearns
Baldelli
Patterson
Cabrera
Gerut
Guillen
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fishnuts » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:30 am

Only Patterson and Baldelli have a chance at 20+ stolen bases.
Or, lets say +20 vs. the rest on the list.
Since your leage has the screwy 2 point per SB rule( twice the points of a single), their 20 SB equal 30 HR of who on that list? Kearns? Not hardly, not so far, pending breakout! Maybe Guillen, if he gets a full season with Guerrero and Garrett...and not get caught w/cork. Gerut...who knows? Cabrera is an awesome player to my opinion, but will it be '04?

Without the SB rule: all the previous wisdoms do apply. But, you knowin this game of yours: POINTS win the game, not stats.

Pay attention to your league scoring rules and build your team accordingly. Sometimes you concede a better guy for a guy that can help you win.

My .02.
fishnuts
I love to hear the MOANS and GROANS of my competetors when I take their draft pick one round too early.
fishnuts
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GSes » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:58 am

trevisc wrote:
Andy1234 wrote:Kearns
Patterson
Baldelli
Cabrera
Gerut
Gullen

Perfecto!

;-D

yep ;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:24 am

fishnuts wrote:Only Patterson and Baldelli have a chance at 20+ stolen bases.
Or, lets say +20 vs. the rest on the list.
Since your leage has the screwy 2 point per SB rule( twice the points of a single), their 20 SB equal 30 HR of who on that list? Kearns? Not hardly, not so far, pending breakout! Maybe Guillen, if he gets a full season with Guerrero and Garrett...and not get caught w/cork. Gerut...who knows? Cabrera is an awesome player to my opinion, but will it be '04?

Without the SB rule: all the previous wisdoms do apply. But, you knowin this game of yours: POINTS win the game, not stats.

Pay attention to your league scoring rules and build your team accordingly. Sometimes you concede a better guy for a guy that can help you win.

My .02.
fishnuts

very good call fishnuts ;-D ;-D

He is right IMO
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby DEF » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:06 am

fishnuts wrote:Since your leage has the screwy 2 point per SB rule( twice the points of a single), their 20 SB equal 30 HR of who on that list?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it's one point per base right? So 30 HR would equal 120 points and 20 SB would equal 40 points. Wouldn't you still want the power guys over the speed guys in this system?

An elite basestealer like Pierre would have a lot of value as 60 steals would be equal to 30 homers, plus you'd get points for all the singles, doubles, etc. that put him on base in the first place. But I don't see Baldelli stealing enough to augment his below average power to the point of being more valuable than a legit power guy. Of course, I'll offer the disclaimer that I'm not high on Baldelli because of his poor K/BB ratio, but I think in general while this system adds value to SBs, it doesn't do it to the extent of making you want to pass a better all-around hitter or power guy just for a few extra steals.

I'd rank these guys:

Patterson (but watch him in spring training to make sure he's healthy)
Kearns
Cabrera
Guillen
Gerut
Baldelli
"I'm telling ya, he jumped us. Gloves off, stick down, no warning. He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names. But Dave was there."

"Dave's a killer."

"Yeah, Dave's a killer."

"Dave's a mess."
DEF
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers