Team didn't understand DL - dropped A-Ram - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Team didn't understand DL - dropped A-Ram

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team didn't understand DL - dropped A-Ram

Postby nyrblue2 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Alright, so a guy new to fantasy sports in my custom league (I'm not the commish) just dropped Aramis Ramirez because "he is on the DL and is wasting a roster spot." I talked to him online and apparently he doesn't realize that there are DL spots to store your hurt players.

I was just wondering if it is deemed "acceptable" to ask the commissioner to put Ramirez back on his team? I feel bad for the guy because he didn't know all the details of the league. At the same time, I guess the selfish part of me is scared that he will get snatched by a competitive team with higher waiver priority than me. Still, I think even if I had #1 priority I would ask him to be returned to his team (but who knows, lol).

So...Does anyone think it is ok/the right thing to do to have him put back on the newbie manager's team?
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Team didn't understand DL - dropped A-Ram

Postby Oatsdad » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Yes, I think the player should be restored if the owner chooses to do so. Some owners seem willfully ignorant of the DL option. I offered to throw in Rickie Weeks to a guy and told him he could stash Weeks on his DL. He didn't want Weeks and took the trade with two players instead of 3 even though he has no one on his DL - and three DLed players!

Of course, this was the guy who gave me Carlos Lee and Matt Holliday for Troy Glaus and Nick Swisher, so he's a little :B ...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Yes I think it would be a good idea to ask the commish to put Aram back on the guy's team. He's new to fantasy and sometimes that DL spot can be hidden to newer players.

Some advice? viewtopic.php?t=301740
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby bananaphone » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:06 pm

It would be a good idea to do so, especially if you're playing keepers. It seems like a nice gesture, so he's likely to keep playing your league for more seasons (since peeps are always trying to find reliable fantasy managers).
bananaphone
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby BTOWNHESS » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:36 pm

I could make an argument either way. Yeah I understand the whole "he's new and made a mistake" angle. But A-Ram wasn't seriosuly hurt and even in a league with no DL spots you still stash him on your bench, not drop him completely. Theres a difference in being new to fantasy sports and being a total space cadet when it comes to baseball as a whole. If you don't understand the season is 6 months long and a stud like A-Ram going on the DL for 2-3 weeks out of those 6 months would never justify a drop then you really have no business even being a newbie in a custom league.

If I were the commish of the league I'd let it go and wouldnt replace him onto the managers roster.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner