Interesting take on Saves for next season... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interesting take on Saves for next season...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interesting take on Saves for next season...

Postby chinch sacs » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:08 am

Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2938
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby kentx12 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:14 am

Nice article. Thanks ;-D


I found a few things intresting

Detroit closers will get a combined 31 saves?????

They have Carter over Baez in Tampa

Lopez over Sreier in Toronta??


Is this right everything I had seen till now had Speier and Baez closing.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17436
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby chinch sacs » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:17 am

kentx12 wrote:Nice article. Thanks ;-D


I found a few things intresting

Detroit closers will get a combined 31 saves?????

They have Carter over Baez in Tampa

Lopez over Sreier in Toronta??


Is this right everything I had seen till now had Speier and Baez closing.



I agree, I think Baez and Speier are closing, but I believe they are both on short leashes.

I think the guy is just tring to be alittle off beat
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2938
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Jose, CA

Postby justinA » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:47 am

kentx12 wrote:Nice article. Thanks ;-D


I found a few things intresting

Detroit closers will get a combined 31 saves?????

They have Carter over Baez in Tampa

Lopez over Sreier in Toronta??


Is this right everything I had seen till now had Speier and Baez closing.


i think hes trying to say that speier will start out seeing as he has him for 14, but then lopez will take over, same with pitt.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1013
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swingaway » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:57 am

Nice article. Thanks
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1638
Joined: 6 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the cafe

Postby trevisc » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:59 am

i was suprised that Mesa could steal 18 saves.

nice read!

thank you
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby LBJackal » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:10 am

Hmmmmmm I dunno about that. First off, like somebody said, they have Detroit down for more saves then they'll have wins.

Second of all, Tampa didn't pay Danys Baez over 3 million a year to setup Lance Carter. Baez is surprisingly good.

Third of all, how will LA only get 42 total saves? They had 58 last year and 56 the year before.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Jer19G » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:15 am

LBJackal wrote:Hmmmmmm I dunno about that. First off, like somebody said, they have Detroit down for more saves then they'll have wins.

Second of all, Tampa didn't pay Danys Baez over 3 million a year to setup Lance Carter. Baez is surprisingly good.

Third of all, how will LA only get 42 total saves? They had 58 last year and 56 the year before.


I was thinking the same thing. :-?
Demon Days
Jer19G
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 569
Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLebowski » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:34 am

Jer19G wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Hmmmmmm I dunno about that. First off, like somebody said, they have Detroit down for more saves then they'll have wins.

Second of all, Tampa didn't pay Danys Baez over 3 million a year to setup Lance Carter. Baez is surprisingly good.

Third of all, how will LA only get 42 total saves? They had 58 last year and 56 the year before.


I was thinking the same thing. :-?


This is just another ranking list where no-body wants to go out on a limb. If you look at that list, it doesn't make a big dif if you grab any closer as long as they have a job. :-t
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8264
(Past Year: 450)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 23:36 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact