Andrew Miller - Going back to AAA? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Andrew Miller - Going back to AAA?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andrew Miller - Going back to AAA?

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:22 am

Anyone have any updates? I've been reading that he'll probably get sent back down with Kenny Rogers getting activated Friday and Nate Robertson expected back next week (maybe). Sportsline has already taken his next start off of the system (which would've been Friday, so I'm guessing Rogers will get it). But I've also read that Mike Maroth might get traded or they might send Chad Durbin down instead and keep Miller with the Tigers...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Andrew Miller - Going back to AAA?

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:14 am

I'll take the lack of replies to mean that everyone knows about as much as I do...and if that's true, we're in trouble... :D
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:34 am

Anyone have any updates? I've been reading that he'll probably get sent back down with Kenny Rogers getting activated Friday and Nate Robertson expected back next week (maybe)

The problem with your question is that no one knows the answer. Not even the Tigers atm.

All speculation here in Detroit is that the Tigers would really like to keep Miller in the bigs but in order to do that some things have to happen.

Trading Maroth is one possibility they are rumored to be exploring heavily.

A Durbin trade or move to the bullpen makes some sense. Hopefully a Durbin move to the pen would mean a Grilli trade or release.

Push comes to shove I think the Tigers would make a similar trade to the Ledezma/McBride trade they just made. The Tigers like Ledezma more than McBride but with Miner, Robertson and Rogers getting healthy the Tigers needed someone with minor league options left which Ledezma does not have and McBride does.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dc928 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:50 pm

There is a post on Baseball leftover that the Tigers has just traded Maroth. If that is the case then Andrew Miller should be able to stay.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:04 pm

dc928 wrote:There is a post on Baseball leftover that the Tigers has just traded Maroth. If that is the case then Andrew Miller should be able to stay.

at least until Robertson comes back...then he either goes to the minors or Durbin to the pen (more likely IMO)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wildbill » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:52 pm

From RotoWorld
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Tigers are going to get "players to be named" from the Cardinals for Mike Maroth.
So, a couple of prospects, apparently. With Maroth going, it looks like Chad Durbin will keep his rotation spot following Nate Robertson's return. It's possible but not very likely that Andrew Miller could bump Durbin with a strong effort on Sunday. Maroth could replace either Kip Wells or Todd Wellemeyer in St. Louis. The other could go if Tomo Ohka joins the rotation at the end of next week. Jun. 22 - 3:39 pm et
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MTUCache » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:34 am

According to the Tiger's broadcast last night, Miller is going to have to pitch his way out of the big leagues, not into them.... he's on the roster for the forseeable future. As for in the rotation... that's another question.

There's plenty of guys in the bully they could send down at the moment (one of the reasons they made the Ledezma deal, to get more options), so Miller will be with the big club for a while. Just not sure what action he's going to be seeing...
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:10 am

MTUCache wrote:so Miller will be with the big club for a while. Just not sure what action he's going to be seeing...

If Miller stays in the bigs it will be in the rotation. Dombrowski has said repeatedly that Miller will not pitch in the pen this season. He will either be a starter with the Tigers or in the minors with Erie or Toledo.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:26 am

Miller is slated to start tomorrow against Atlanta...i.e. he's in the rotation. He was pitching well before hand, so I don't see why he would get sent back down especially since they traded Maroth...that is unless Maroth stinks up the joint...se la vi, I dropped him to pick up Billingsley since I thought Miller was getting sent back down...now it looks like more of a lateral move...Bills could have better ratios pitching in the NL West while Miller could have more W's pitching for one of the best teams in baseball.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates