Russell Martin again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Russell Martin again

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Re: Russell Martin again

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:21 am

Danger wrote:Well he removed it without too much hassle. Still not really a fan of tagging it, for example I can't really find anywhere to put it if I were to put it in this Martin sig, maybe the right corner but it'll still stand out too much and I don't really want any text at all on the right side, bleh :-P I guess it'll have to be something I'll have to consider for my next sig :-/

sure you can...top left or right would work well.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Danger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Danger wrote:Well he removed it without too much hassle. Still not really a fan of tagging it, for example I can't really find anywhere to put it if I were to put it in this Martin sig, maybe the right corner but it'll still stand out too much and I don't really want any text at all on the right side, bleh :-P I guess it'll have to be something I'll have to consider for my next sig :-/

sure you can...top left or right would work well.

mm... I guess that can work. I guess there's no point tagging this sig since I've been using it so long untagged, anyone that would've wanted to rip it would've probably done so by now. Maybe I can find a way to blend it into my future sigs enough to my liking :-/
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:46 am

Danger I was just wondering if you used this tut to make this sig:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4596/etootutorialgeneralxb6.jpg

To me it looks like u used it straight through and pulled it off pretty well. I just really think you should have given it credit somewhere. (Unless you made this tutorial)
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Danger » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:30 pm

RedWoodTree824 wrote:Danger I was just wondering if you used this tut to make this sig:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4596/etootutorialgeneralxb6.jpg

To me it looks like u used it straight through and pulled it off pretty well. I just really think you should have given it credit somewhere. (Unless you made this tutorial)

Yah I did, my mistake. I didn't know I was supposed to give credit to tutorials :-/ But I guess I'll do that now.

Credit goes to josh252525 at psdcentral.net. Credit to smoovethug as well since he gave me the site ;-D
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:19 pm

I don't want to undercut anything that's happened or sound snooty at all. But my take on the sig situation is if he wanted to where it let him. If it were me I would have just PMd the guy and asked him to just put a credit line underneath if he wanted to wear it. I've been in situations where people have done that and it's worked out fine, usually they're happy to do so. But I've also been on the other end where people have actually tried to pass it off as their own, the first few times it happened I got pissed and wanted them to get banned from the internet. The last time it happened it just made me realize that as much of this is your own art, that in the bigger picture, it doesn't matter too much. Just make something better.

As far as the sig goes, it looks great, and personally I don't think it matters if it came from a tutorial or not. If the tutorial wasn't intended for people to copy it and learn from it, why was it made? I'm sure anyone who uses it will come up with something similar, but that's because it's meant to be that way. So from my experience, it doesn't matter if you credit the tutorial guy who made it, just as long as you learn something from it because it does look good ;D

just my .02 on that.

Also for the watermark, you can do it, my rule of thumb was basically the opposite upper corner from the text always seemed to look the best. But I gave way to actually using a watermark a long time ago because it really didn't do much and stick out like a sore thumb. And if anyone ever questioned you making it, you can always just give em the psd for proof.

Anyways, just have fun doing sigs and it should all work out in the end %-6
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:37 am

yea i wasnt angry or anything about the tutorial... i just came across it a few days ago, and looked at this thread again today and saw the similarities. I guess I shouldn't have came off the way I did I didn't mean to make it sound like you don't deserve any credit. Its just that I personally try to credit the tut. maker and I was kind of forcing my own philosophy on you. Apologies
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Danger » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:47 am

RedWoodTree824 wrote:yea i wasnt angry or anything about the tutorial... i just came across it a few days ago, and looked at this thread again today and saw the similarities. I guess I shouldn't have came off the way I did I didn't mean to make it sound like you don't deserve any credit. Its just that I personally try to credit the tut. maker and I was kind of forcing my own philosophy on you. Apologies

It's all good, I didn't interpret your message as being hostile anyways. I kind of view a tutorial as a way of teaching or rather someone teaching me how to make the sig but I've never seen tutorials being credited before so I just for some reason didn't see a need for it to be. I've basically learned photoshop through tutorials like these so they definitely deserve some credit :*)
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Contests and Showing Off