Tht is one nice sig :-°
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Russell Martin again

Postby Danger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:38 pm

Haha thanks... I didn't know I'd get this kind of reaction on the sig, maybe I should've saved it for the contest :-b

EDIT: and just now I've noticed someone is using my sig without my permission... Looks like I should browse some of the other subforums more often. Guess I might need to start tagging my sigs :-P
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby soty » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Danger wrote:Haha thanks... I didn't know I'd get this kind of reaction on the sig, maybe I should've saved it for the contest :-b

EDIT: and just now I've noticed someone is using my sig without my permission... Looks like I should browse some of the other subforums more often. Guess I might need to start tagging my sigs :-P
That isnt cool. I hope you called them out on it. I can see asking for permission and then using, but stealing w/out asking is just plain wrong. Out of curiosity what is "tagging" I may have to do that to mine in the future.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:04 pm

Danger wrote:Haha thanks... I didn't know I'd get this kind of reaction on the sig, maybe I should've saved it for the contest :-b

1. you should have some sorta of watermark

2. if you pm madison and let him know, he'll remove it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Danger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:38 pm

Yah I pm'd him about this already and he hasn't logged on since I left him the message. I'll try to spare Madison some trouble and just hope he removes it himself.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Danger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Yah I pm'd him about this already and he hasn't logged on since I left him the message. I'll try to spare Madison some trouble and just hope he removes it himself.

soty wrote:

That isnt cool. I hope you called them out on it. I can see asking for permission and then using, but stealing w/out asking is just plain wrong. Out of curiosity what is "tagging" I may have to do that to mine in the future.

Tagging is just what Snakes just said, leaving a watermark or some sort of icon letting people know that you were the one that made the sig. I thought about doing this before but I just don't like having something like that in my sig, it just stands apart from the rest of the sig and doesn't make the sig look as nice overall IMO. But I guess I might have to.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby smoovethug » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:40 pm

That happened to me too not too long ago. Kinda makes you feel nice in a way, flattering that they like it so much to want to wear it, but it really angers you to know that they flat out stole your work without even asking. I feel the same way about tagging, but it sucks that some people are just thieves and make you have to. :-t

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:15 am

in a way i like tagging it. like a signature at the bottom of a masterpiece. if you can find something that you think looks good, you can use it for all your sigs and pretty soon everyone will recognize your logo/watermark.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Danger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:00 am

Well he removed it without too much hassle. Still not really a fan of tagging it, for example I can't really find anywhere to put it if I were to put it in this Martin sig, maybe the right corner but it'll still stand out too much and I don't really want any text at all on the right side, bleh :-P I guess it'll have to be something I'll have to consider for my next sig :-/
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off