Isn't Andruw Jones typically a 1st Half player? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Isn't Andruw Jones typically a 1st Half player?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Isn't Andruw Jones typically a 1st Half player?

Postby roncool11 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:45 pm

Little Lee wrote:
pantagrapher wrote:I moved him for Al Reyes a couple weeks ago. I was happy to get that much for him.

I think in the long run you will regret this. Not having Larry in the lineup has not helped him.

he must have been joking right !+) ..............right :?
roncool11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superjags99 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:58 pm

andruw is easily one of if not THE worst player in baseball this season. no other player has the "skills" to strike out 3 times every single game he plays. he is pathetic. and i cant get rid of him in a trade because no one else wants him. what a waste of a 3rd round pick.
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:19 pm

superjags99 wrote:andruw is easily one of if not THE worst player in baseball this season. no other player has the "skills" to strike out 3 times every single game he plays. he is pathetic. and i cant get rid of him in a trade because no one else wants him. what a waste of a 3rd round pick.

I would argue with you if you were saying he didn't have the chance to rebound or that he'd always been a terrible player. But what you said, that "Andruw is easily one of if not THE worst player in baseball this season" can't really be debated. He's ranked 231 overall in Yahoo's rankings but that's simply because he's had enough rbi opportunities to be useful there and he's accidentally connected solidly with the ball 11 times this year.

For anyone that hasn't had the pleasure ;7 to watch Andruw play this year, he may have the ugliest swing I've ever seen at the moment. If he's thrown a breaking ball he takes a full cut almost every time as if it were a fastball down the middle. He ends up missing the ball by over a yard. It's astounding that the Braves haven't tried benching him at this point. He simply doesn't have a clue. Can he turn back into the guy that hit 90+ home runs over the course of 2 seasons? Absolutely. But he's definitely been one of the worst players this year - there's no question there.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby pantagrapher » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:35 pm

roncool11 wrote:
Little Lee wrote:
pantagrapher wrote:I moved him for Al Reyes a couple weeks ago. I was happy to get that much for him.

I think in the long run you will regret this. Not having Larry in the lineup has not helped him.

he must have been joking right !+) ..............right :?

I wasn't joking. Needed saves and already had Rios, Sheffield, Hawpe, Markakis & Willits. So I shipped Jones to the last place team for Reyes. Jones is done. I'm glad to be rid of him.
pantagrapher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:55 pm

That is my contention to in trading Andruw....I would only trade him to a team lower in the standings because I dont want him to heat up and make me dislike more than I do now. I also wasted a 3rd round pick and 12 weeks on him....trust me he has hurt me much more than he has helped me. I keep saying to myself, he has to heat up eventually....I mean how can you consistently go 0-fer 5 out of 6 nights with maybe a lone hit occasionally. And to prove I have hit rock bottom with him...I am picking up JD Drew to replace him.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby azhardball » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:13 pm

I traded him last week along with Gregg for Carlos Lee. I was ok for saves with my other closers.Will I regret it? probably. but for now....not so much.
azhardball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kemper5 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:42 am

1st half AJ's

04 15 HR, 51 RBI, .250 Ave
05 27 HR, 67 RBI, .272 Ave
06 20 HR, 75 RBI, .271 Ave
07 11 HR, 42 RBI, .202 Ave

In 04 he ended up going 29 HR, 91 RBI, .261.. I shurley do not even think he will hit that level this year..Would not be surprised to see him hit his worst season ever..I see a .230 Ave, 22 HR, 75-80 RBI year for him. I can see him loosing 20+ HR's and 30-50 RBI's in a year..He's that bad this year. Since the last part of April he is out of control..And April was not that bad of a month for him..5 HR's 20 RBI's. .262 Ave..Right near his averages..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates