"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
Yogi Berra
Little Lee
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Travis Hafner sex change?

Postby Leena » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Cute how this Pronk thread continues. Says a lot about fantasybaseballcafe.com.

This has to be some injury now. Nixon's been significantly worse than Pronk lately, and he got the DH yesterday. Garko's not hitting well either, and he gets it today.
Leena
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pangbones » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:35 pm

Leena wrote:Cute how this Pronk thread continues. Says a lot about fantasybaseballcafe.com.

This has to be some injury now. Nixon's been significantly worse than Pronk lately, and he got the DH yesterday. Garko's not hitting well either, and he gets it today.

I haven't heard anything about him being injured. His elbow has hurt him the past 3 years, but it NEVER affected his hitting. He just couldn't throw very hard with it. So even if his elbow is acting up, I wouldn't worry about that, because it never bothered his swing before. He will get hot!!

I hope. :o
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby superslugger616 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:45 pm

News: DH Travis Hafner, homerless in June, and in a prolonged slump, got a second straight day off Monday with the Indians facing LHP Cole Hamels and the Phillies. Hafner, who is 5-for-30 in his past eight games, also sat on Sunday.
Analysis: Manager Eric Wedge felt it's a good time to give his DH a mental health break. Hafner has only one homer in his last 18 games and entered Monday with a .262 average. "The best thing about it is we have a long way to go," Wedge said. "That's one thing about great hitters like Travis, you know they are going to come around. Hopefully a couple days off will help him." The Indians face rookie right-handed Kyle Kendrick, so look for Hafner in his familar DH role on Tuesday.
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DudeLaw » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:54 pm

hmmm, another 0-4...maybe it's better if you stay in the kitchen and don't play Mrs. Hafner. :t
DudeLaw
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deutschland » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:38 pm

I'm wondering if there is any chance Hafner does NOT start one more game at 1st. It looks like this series at WAS might be his last opportunity to get into a game in an NL park. I have a deal on the table for Pronk right now (giving Coco Cordero and Furcal) but I don't want to do it if he doesn't get 1B eligibility.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby superslugger616 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:55 pm

deutschland wrote:I'm wondering if there is any chance Hafner does NOT start one more game at 1st. It looks like this series at WAS might be his last opportunity to get into a game in an NL park. I have a deal on the table for Pronk right now (giving Coco Cordero and Furcal) but I don't want to do it if he doesn't get 1B eligibility.

Wedge plays Hafner at 1B every few weeks, regardless of NL or AL, so yes, he'll get another start at first this year. I think he had three 1B starts before their first NL game.
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates