Carlos Beltran... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Beltran...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Beltran...

Postby BklynsFinest » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:51 pm

Just stated that his quad is still bothering him and perhaps a DL stint may do him good. It was on FOX 5 here in NY.
BklynsFinest
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Beltran...

Postby poopdungbeatle » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:42 pm

i think a 15 day DL stint would be good for him. Help him heal up and get his head straight...
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ursa » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:56 am

If he's sitting tomorrow, I'm all for it. He's on my opponent's team and is way overdue for a big day.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby chickaboowah » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:46 am

he would have been on the DL a long time ago if it weren't for injuries to Chavez, Alou, and Milledge. He has been hurt for most of the season

**^^thanks Soxrock556 and sportsfan1433^^**
chickaboowah
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bcb » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:54 pm

8 men left on base Saturday, including bases loaded to end the game. :P
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Timosha » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:09 pm

He had a career year last year. I can understand that people hope he will repeat it but you can't really expect that he will. If he hits in the .270s with around 30 HRs that will be a good year and he is about on pace for that.
Timosha
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mtxdevil » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:24 am

Should this nagging injury get better? I'm looking to buy him low right now. I owned him last year and remember him having to sit for a few days every now and then because of something... But still ended up with a monster season.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:30 am

Timosha wrote:He had a career year last year. I can understand that people hope he will repeat it but you can't really expect that he will. If he hits in the .270s with around 30 HRs that will be a good year and he is about on pace for that.

Last year was not his career year. Try again. Thanks for playing.

I wish he would sit and rest his quad and get right, but a 75% Beltran is better than their #4 backup. I mean they're playing Ledee in the OF for crying out loud!

The Mets demise has corresponded w/ their OF injury problems. Moises, Green, Endy and Beltran all being hurt around the same time.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby angelo285 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:
Timosha wrote:He had a career year last year. I can understand that people hope he will repeat it but you can't really expect that he will. If he hits in the .270s with around 30 HRs that will be a good year and he is about on pace for that.

I wish he would sit and rest his quad and get right, but a 75% Beltran is better than their #4 backup. I mean they're playing Ledee in the OF for crying out loud!

The Mets demise has corresponded w/ their OF injury problems. Moises, Green, Endy and Beltran all being hurt around the same time.

Last year absolutely was a career year for Beltran. Huge bump in homers and a smaller bump in RBIs with 18 SB. Try telling anyone who owned him last year that it wasn't a career year.
angelo285
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bogey9906 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:55 am

angelo285 wrote:
Drunken Rhino wrote:

Last year absolutely was a career year for Beltran. Huge bump in homers and a smaller bump in RBIs with 18 SB. Try telling anyone who owned him last year that it wasn't a career year.

Take a look at 2004: 38 HRs and 42 SBs between KC and Houston. If a guy has two years like 2004 & 2006, then I don't think you can call either of them "career years." He's just a damn good ballplayer who's hurting right now and his stats show it.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates