Wagner, Billy RP NYM
Johanna
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can we veto this?

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:01 am

Lofunzo wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:This is a heavily lopsided trade and I would veto. If the league votes it down, it should be gone, but I'd put it to a vote. Mine would be veto though.

How can you make a blind veto without knowing needs?? It was already determined that he improved at C. What if he needed help at RP as well and had some extra OF?? You can't just say veto just to veto.

You're right! Who is this Manny Ramirez that he was talking about? I've never heard of him. Glaus, Johjima, Tejada... don't ring a bell. Yeah, I'm playing the blind man's veto game.

I don't care that he's making a slight upgrade at catcher, the value difference is still huge. I'm not saying everyone should vote that way, I'm just saying I would vote that way.

Blind veto... Give me a freaking break.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 233)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:23 pm

LMAO. Vetoing a deal without knowing needs, roster, league settings, etc. is a blind veto in my book. This isn't A-Rod for Josh Phelps here.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:00 am

Lofunzo wrote:

LMAO. Vetoing a deal without knowing needs, roster, league settings, etc. is a blind veto in my book. This isn't A-Rod for Josh Phelps here.

I know by looking at his current roster that it gets worse by the trade, but I knew that before I looked at his current roster. Johjima is only a catcher. It's vetoable no matter what the situation... not a mandatory veto, but vetoable enough for me to vote veto.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bananaphone » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:58 pm

If I were a team trying to win the league, and I saw both Manny and Tejada go to one of my closest competitors, I'd be pretty worried. I could see vetoing it for that reason, not to mention that's kind of a terrible deal for the other guy also. IMO, Glaus is pretty much blacklisted from my team, and should be for others unless he's coming cheap. Johjima is alright, but I wouldn't give up a lot for him, especially not THAT much. I might trade a decent starter for Fuentes, but never those hitters. You can usually salvage some saves really cheap. My point is, I'd be hesitant to just deal Manny away for those 3 guys, much less him and Tejada.
bananaphone
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Johanna » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks guys. The guys brother (the one giving up Manny) voted against the trade. We had four ppl willing to veto it, which is what you need to nix the deal, but after seeing some of the responses, since there was no collusion and it was hugely lopsided, but not outrageously so, we figured we'd let it go. Now I just walk around the office harboring my rage against both of them. It's tough though, b/c now the slightest thing the one giving up Manny does that pisses me off makes me want to trash his cube. Must refrain. Anger management much?
Johanna
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:16 am

Johanna wrote:Thanks guys. The guys brother (the one giving up Manny) voted against the trade. We had four ppl willing to veto it, which is what you need to nix the deal, but after seeing some of the responses, since there was no collusion and it was hugely lopsided, but not outrageously so, we figured we'd let it go. Now I just walk around the office harboring my rage against both of them. It's tough though, b/c now the slightest thing the one giving up Manny does that pisses me off makes me want to trash his cube. Must refrain. Anger management much?

That pretty much sucks, the fact that they are brothers makes it worse in my mind. It really should have been vetoed.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Johanna » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:19 am

It does suck but now Tejada's injured. UNBELIEVABLE! The owner of team 2 just keeps lucking out.
Now I have an ettiquette question. I know that anything goes really in terms of trading, but Mr. Team 2 offered me a trade after his horrendous one to fill the new gaping holes in his team. He txted me on my cell Casey Blake for Al Reyes. Now i could use some closers (i've got alfonseca as a 3rd closer, I'm last in saves) and Blake isn't my best outfielder. So i txt him back "I could do that". He posts the trade than night. I'm looking at my team the next day while hard at work and trying to work out a deal to flip Reyes and maybe get a big bat somehow for HRs instead of saves. Then the next day i go on to accept the trade and the guy has rescinded it. I asked him what happened to the trade, he said, "you didnt accept it that day so i reconsidered." Totally within the boundaries, I know, but c'mon. He's on jury duty today and out of the office. I'ma trash his cube. Thoughts?
Johanna
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby talan37 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:12 am

Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Johanna » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:50 am

LOL!
Johanna
Little League Legend
Little League Legend