Need Advice - Struggling to Escape Mediocrity - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need Advice - Struggling to Escape Mediocrity

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Advice - Struggling to Escape Mediocrity

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:59 pm

While I'm in the middle of the pack at 6th outta 12 which isn't bad considering I was dead last a week into May. Most of my success has come of hot waiver pickups and I had a good May. I've started to cool down though. Here's my lineup:

C (Start 2): Mauer, Napoli
1B: Helton
2B: Polanco
3B: Zimmerman
SS: Jeter
CI: C. Pena
MI: A. Gonzalez (Cincy)
OF: Mags, Pence, Taveras, Monroe, Encarnacion
Util: Inge
DL: Baldelli, Juan Rivera

P: (Start 9 pitchers, no RP or SP, just P)
Johan, Escobar, Weaver, Wolf, Bonser, K-Rod, Papelbon, Capps, Hennessy
Bn: Mussina, Lowry

Well my team is doing well in terms of runs (like 3rd) and Avg (1st). Decent in RBIs (like 5th) but sucking in HRs (9th) and last in Steals. In terms of pitching I'm 3rd in Wins, 3rd in Ks, 7th or 8th in Saves, and around 8-10th in Whip and Era.

Now I'm not really worried about pitching. I just grabbed Hennessy and Capps like a week or two ago so with four closers my saves should go way up and my ratios should settle down a bit. What I'm really worried about is hitting. I don't have much power and need more HRs. I also have no steals and need that too. My OF in particular is pretty pathetic. I'm trying to trade maybe Wolf and offered him for a couple guys like Chone, Ibanez and Delmon Young. In terms of Waiver there really isn't any hitters worth grabbing that are better than Encarnacion or Inge (for now). There are a few decent pitchers like Guthrie, Germano and DiNardo.

Please any advice would be appreciated.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team