Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League - Now Up! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League - Now Up!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:00 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
The Cow wrote:Well I know a lot of the cafe "experts" think my backwards approach to winning fantasy baseball doesn't work. I would relish the opportunity to have them eat crow. Though I don't feel the need since I win virtually every league I enter and when I lose I am top 3. So I don't think anybody in this cafe is more of an expert than THE COW. People hate being in leagues with me, why? Because people hate to lose. Generally people are afraid of THE COW! FEAR THE MOO!! 2 leagues last year, 2 titles, ho-hum. I don't think there is such a thing as an "expert" league without THE COW. If you choose me you will get an owner that does not conform to ESPN or even the Cafe's rankings. I will make some picks and you will laugh, but at the end of the year you will realize THE POWER OF THE MOO DYNASTY!

MOO YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cow

Whenever I read anything you write I picture the "Mad Money" economist guy, can't remember his name, the one that is constantly moving around and hitting sound effect buttons and constantly talking a mile a minute. :-b

whenever i read anything he writes, i picture an 8 year old boy wearing a dunce cap that is constantly yelling his name over and over again.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:49 am

When I first posted this thread in June, I had some good n00b candidates talking some trash. I haven't seen them since?

I want to make "potential" cafeholics out of the n00bs that make it in the league and do well. If you don't get in the league this year, I plan on doing this yearly so you can make it in next year......who knows maybe some of you will be Cafeholics yourselves by next year and you can be in the league as a holic!! Stay fairly active here at the cafe and you'll have the best chance of making it in....not only in this league but any cafe league that goes up!

Anyway, I kinda like the idea of "upsetting" The Cow......you're definately considered! }:-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:07 pm

I would definitely love a shot to get into this league. I have never been a part of any kind of Cafe league before, and would love to have the opportunity to play with some of the guys who have been around here for a while. And if you are doing a 12 team league, with all the guys who have been here a long time, wouldn't it be possible to do two leagues?

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:06 pm

tuff_gong wrote:I would definitely love a shot to get into this league. I have never been a part of any kind of Cafe league before, and would love to have the opportunity to play with some of the guys who have been around here for a while. And if you are doing a 12 team league, with all the guys who have been here a long time, wouldn't it be possible to do two leagues?

Most of the guys are already in more than enough leagues each year....its hard enough to find 12 that will do 1 more league with me here. It will be a 14 team league....12 "holics" and 2 "n00bs"
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:56 pm

I would be interested...have been in 5 x 5 and points since 2000...

Wouldn't mind letting the air out of some of the hotair ballons around here.. }:-)

wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:18 pm

I would, but I like H2H and points instead of roto leagues.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby toledomudhens » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 am

i would love to have a crack at all you "experts" i guess i would be considered a noob???? please PM me if i am considered for this.. thanks.
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 201)

Postby J35J » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:48 am

The league is up for anyone wanting to follow along.

Time to see how our first two "n00bs" do....good luck to A'sFatLeadoffMan and ToledoMudhens!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League - Now Up!

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Here are the final standings....A'sFatty hung in there through most of the season but fell off late and Toledo was in a hole looking up most of the year. As for me, I was muddling around in the 9-12th spots through most of the first half but really came on pretty good in the second half to finish the season respectable. Decent job, n00bs * .

Congrats to Chris and ABS for nice years....and thanks to everyone else for playing. Hopefully I'll see most of you back next year to take on a couple more n00bs. :-)

1. Chris8 108.5 1 14 50
1. Another Blown Save 108.5 0 4 50
3. Pimptastic! 97.5 -2 13 39
4. Havok's House 90 1 8 46
5. J35J 87 1.5 12 37
6. daullaz 83.5 -1 2 50
7. Merkins of Justice 75 0.5 10 47
* 8. A'sFatLeadoffMan 74 2.5 6 23
9. Old_Spice 73.5 0 7 50
10. Big Lebowski 67 0.5 3 34
11. Canadian Animals 61.5 -1.5 1 16
* 12. toledomudhens 59 0.5 11 20
13. The Loveable Losers 41 -1.5 9 28
14. Toronto Chowda 24 -1.5 5 4
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers