Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League - Now Up! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League - Now Up!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League - Now Up!

Postby J35J » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Ok, so think "Funston League" where he challenges anyone to take him on in a fantasy league.....


This is going to be somewhat similar, where 11-13 Cafeholics will invite 1 "non-cafeholic" (for lack of a better word) to see how he/she stacks up. Some Cafeholics that you "could" be competing against include....

Bigh0rt
JTWood
Amazinz
Madison
WR
Big Pimpin
Tavish
J35J
Chris8
Dalluz
Mookie4ever
bigken117
RynMan
The Loveable Losers
Lofunzo
raiders_umpire
pokerplaya
Pedantic
Simulacrum
...and many more possibilities...


Alot of things could happen with this, possibly, yearly league. We as a whole at the Cafe could uncover some untapped fantasy talent who otherwise may not get the chance to prove themselves. We might also get to shut up you n00bs who may think his/her public league vicories actually mean something :X ..... and we just might have alot of fun in the process! The goal from you, other than winning of course, would be to finish in the top 3.

So...
- if you want a shot to get you're name known within the cafe community
- if you want to put you're knowledge of this fine game to the test
- if you never get a chance to play against quality competition
- if you just want the opportunity to shut some of "US" up
...then let me know. ;D

This isn't a sign-up thread but more of a thread to get an idea of what everyone thinks. If anyone has any ideas to make this better or more fun let me hear them. This is just the beginning of what I want to try to do every year, not as a keeper, but a yearly redraft league with a new player each year.




**Oh, a Cafeholic is a member of the cafe who sported the Cafeholics Coffee Mug when we had icons below our cafe names.
Last edited by J35J on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 387)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:14 pm

definitely a good idea. the only problem is that the "noob's" tend to have a high turnover/drop out rate. i guess since i dont have a mug im considered a "noob" too. go figure.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby J35J » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:definitely a good idea. the only problem is that the "noob's" tend to have a high turnover/drop out rate. i guess since i dont have a mug im considered a "noob" too. go figure.



No, obviously just because you don't have a mug doesn't mean you are a n00b but it was just a way for me to decide who would be considered the cafe "experts". And obviously there are guys/gals here who are very knowledgable who don't have a mug but I had to start somewhere.

Sounds like you want to be the first casualty, Snakes! >:) j/k

I didn't mean to disrespect anyone.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 387)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:21 pm

hey after 3300 posts and 4 years service i can still be the noob. AWESOME!!!! sign me up. ;)



i like the idea just make sure your "noob" is an up and comer, someone who is new to the site but really seems to be gung-ho. i would nominate tecmobowl. i see him a lot in the commentary and he seems to be very much into the cafe. ;D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 748)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:21 pm

J35J wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:definitely a good idea. the only problem is that the "noob's" tend to have a high turnover/drop out rate. i guess since i dont have a mug im considered a "noob" too. go figure.



No, obviously just because you don't have a mug doesn't mean you are a n00b but it was just a way for me to decide who would be considered the cafe "experts". And obviously there are guys/gals here who are very knowledgable who don't have a mug but I had to start somewhere.

Sounds like you want to be the first casualty, Snakes! >:) j/k

I didn't mean to disrespect anyone.


The cafe experts have an expert icon below their user name.. :?

Anyways, I wouldn't mind doing this.
Last edited by sportsguy138 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8777
(Past Year: 411)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby J35J » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:22 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:definitely a good idea. the only problem is that the "noob's" tend to have a high turnover/drop out rate. i guess since i dont have a mug im considered a "noob" too. go figure.



Oh and the comment on the "n00bs" having a high turnover rate.....well.....thats why I'm only inviting 1 each year. It will be all Cafeholics and only 1 n00b. We will just have to do a good job of picking the 1 player, or the people who want in should do a good job telling me/us why we should consider them and how they won't quit half way through the year when they are in the cellar!! >:)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 387)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby J35J » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:23 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
J35J wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:definitely a good idea. the only problem is that the "noob's" tend to have a high turnover/drop out rate. i guess since i dont have a mug im considered a "noob" too. go figure.



No, obviously just because you don't have a mug doesn't mean you are a n00b but it was just a way for me to decide who would be considered the cafe "experts". And obviously there are guys/gals here who are very knowledgable who don't have a mug but I had to start somewhere.

Sounds like you want to be the first casualty, Snakes! >:) j/k

I didn't mean to disrespect anyone.


The cafe experts have a expert icon below their user name.. :?



This is true but there aren't very many of them here and I'm the one setting up the league and I don't have one. !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 387)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:28 pm

you didnt disrespect me at all j. dont worry about that... but wouldnt the league be rendered pointless if the one and only "noob" dropped out 4-5 weeks into the season?

so it sounds great to me, that would be the only concern.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby J35J » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:31 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:you didnt disrespect me at all j. dont worry about that... but wouldnt the league be rendered pointless if the one and only "noob" dropped out 4-5 weeks into the season?

so it sounds great to me, that would be the only concern.



That is a concern a concern I guess but I think things will work out. I'm also not going to limit this to brand new members either. Anyone "mugless" is fair game, as long as they want to play and plan on staying active!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 387)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Idea for a new Cafeholics Challenge League

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:33 pm

im not a cafeholics or expert but i would definetly be interested in being a part of the league. are we talking slow draft for 08 or what?
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 748)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheTrith and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact