Fantasy Drama Continued "Last Day Drama" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Drama Continued "Last Day Drama"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Drama Continued "Last Day Drama"

Postby jonnyblack » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:38 am

Any of you ever won or lost a league on the last day?

In 2002, I had luis Castillo and Adam Kenedy for 2b men. On the last day of the season, I put in Kenedy because the game meant more to the angels than the marlins. Castillo stole three bases, and I lost to the winner in the category by 1 sb. His team stole 1 that day. I put in so much work, only to lose by a snap decision to put one guy in or another.

Any of you all have some "last day drama"?
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Re: Fantasy Drama Continued "Last Day Drama"

Postby trevisc » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:45 am

jonnyblack wrote:Any of you ever won or lost a league on the last day?

In 2002, I had luis Castillo and Adam Kenedy for 2b men. On the last day of the season, I put in Kenedy because the game meant more to the angels than the marlins. Castillo stole three bases, and I lost to the winner in the category by 1 sb. His team stole 1 that day. I put in so much work, only to lose by a snap decision to put one guy in or another.

that's never happened to me but I sympathize with you!

hahaha
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby kentx12 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:24 am

I won a league last in the playoffs by 1 point. I still had some roster moves left and ne wif I could win Holds which I was loosing by 2 at the time I could win the league so I dropped every pitcher I had and picked up every reliever that I could start and got 4 holds and 1 the league. Another argument for all of you who hate h2h.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby KULCAT » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:50 am

Two moments. i won my head to head league by tying 5 to 5 but winning the ERA wich was the tiebraker. I won the semifinals that way too.
But the worst part was in my Fantasy points league. Yahoo has this weird rule where you can put all of your pitchers on the last day and dont worry about the innings limit. I had played much better than the other guy that week and built a 100 point lead. On the last day i just relaxed to find out the next day that the guy(who had like 3 innings left) use 7 pitchers starting and had 100 plus point day with like 40 innings he didnt have. we ended up in a draw wich in a fantasy points league ive never seen
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby JoeSoCal » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:02 pm

I have a heartbreaker.

H2H league with a two week world series. Last day of the Series is Sunday and the only game going is the Sunday night game between Texas and someone last year.

My opponent onlly has Big Tex going.

Tex went 3 for 5 with 2 dingers.

I was up by 2 homers and up in average and everything else was already locked up.

It was standard 5x5.

anyway...the two homers ties me in homers and the 3 for 5 was good enough to edge me out in average. how close was it...well it was so close that my buddy (my opponent) and i were on the phone talking and following the last inning or so. If Tex gets another plate appearance and goes 3 for 6, I win. If Tex gets another plate appearance and walks or gets a hit...then he wins.

That is how close. After a long grueling year...and two weeks in the world series, consisting of over 600 ABs...it comes down to Big Tex going 3 for 5 or 3 for 6.

Brutal.

Oh yeah...to add to the misery...it was the same guy who beat me the year before in the World Series and it cost me the difference between a $600 championship and a $250 runner-up
JoeSoCal
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:13 pm

In one of my leagues last year I won on the day of the season. 1st 2nd and 3rd were basically tied. 1 point total separated all three I was in 2nd. The team in first place had Rod Beck and the team in 3rd had Todd Helton. When Beck intentionally walked Helton it bumped me into first. Beck's owner WHIP went up just enough with that Walk he lost .5 point and Helton's owner who didn't get a hit didn't move up. I won the league Beck's owner went into 2nd place. We did some figuring afterwards and if Beck gets the out, Team 1 wins the league. If Helton got a hit Team 3 would have won. But neither of those things happened so I eeecked out the win. ;-D
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 479)

Last year!

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:28 pm

Last year I closed the last night of the World Series with roughly a 1.0 point win. The guy I beat and I had been trading smack all year and it got ugly.

The following morning to my surprise the totals had been adjusted to reflect some innings adjustments and I ended up loosing by 1.0.

It wasn't loosing that hurt so bad it was loosing to him! :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:33 am

yes .... 2002 .. not last day but on the last week, in a league with weekly transactions, so there was nothing I could do ..

I had the lead going into the week. I watched it all go away as most of my "Star" players all sat ... it was just enough to get bumped by two poeple in HRs and one in rbis and I fell 4 points on the last week and got third. It was just awful.

My leagues are very competetive.. last year we had a four way tie for third. LOL ..
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Return to Baseball Leftovers