Salary Cap Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Salary Cap Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Salary Cap Question

Postby tpflanz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:01 pm

I am in a dynasty league that has salary caps for the first time this year. I am considering trading a player for prospects and cash. It is not listed in our constitution if this is allowed or not.

I want to know how other leagues deal with this situation.

In your league:
If i receive cash will this free up some of my cap room, meaning will the other team show a payment to me on their salary cap and a negative amount on my cap? Does it not matter, I simply cannot go over my alloted cap?

Thanks, any other information regarding this situation would be helpful. I just want to know what I can expect.
tpflanz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Salary Cap Question

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:34 pm

In a dynasty league with a cap, this makes perfect sense. You just have to find a trading partner with cap room. I have seen it 2 different ways. Either the full hit goes to the new team or the prorated amount left does with the original team only being charged the % of the salary that they actually used. For instance, if a player's cap amount was $9 and the season was 1/3 over when the trade was made, you would have $3 count against your cap and the other owner would take care of the remaining $6.

I don't see how a commish can set up a dynasty league with a cap and not have this outlined.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner