has Lester pitched in Pawtucket yet? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

has Lester pitched in Pawtucket yet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

has Lester pitched in Pawtucket yet?

Postby dundeeslugger » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:22 am

It was 5 days ago when he was optioned. Has he made a start yet?
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: has Lester pitched in Pawtucket yet?

Postby olsonea » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Lester last pitched one June 9th. 2.2IP 5H 3ER 3BB 2 SO

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... 33&t=g_box
C Napoli 1B Hafner 2B Uggla 3B Upton SS Mig. Tejada
OF Juan Pierre, Sizemore, Wells UTIL Carlos Peña BN Swisher, Glaus
SP James Shields, Clemens, Lackey, Oliver Pérez, Maine, Webb, Lincecum
RP Nathan, Mo Rivera, Al Reyes
olsonea
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dundeeslugger » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:15 pm

And that line sucked. I was hoping to see a start from him before transactions are done this sunday in my league.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Noggy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:01 pm

He's been there for a while

I think the only reason we heard about him being optioned recently is because he was considered to be rehabbing, but a player's only allowed to rehab for so long in the minors before he has to be activated.
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Chicago RedSox » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:56 am

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... tra_bases/
June 15, 2007
Tavarez limping?
By Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff

It appeared that Julian Tavarez might have come up lame on a play in the seventh inning, on which he had to cover first base with Dave Roberts hitting a grounder to Kevin Youkilis.

We're not sure about this. We'll get you an update if there is one.

If Tavares is hurt, which he most likely isn't, it could be the perfect opportunity to call up Lester.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:59 pm

He did well last night...

Lester says he did come off the mound last night feeling considerably better about his eighth rehab start for the PawSox than he did following his previous outing last Saturday against Ottawa when he lasted just 2 2/3 innings after giving up three runs on five hits.

In comparison, he went seven innings last night against the Southern Division-leading Braves, scattering eight hits and giving up two earned runs.

“Command-wise, it was better and stuff-wise it wasn’t any different,” said Lester, who threw 61 of his 93 pitches for strikes, recording three strikeouts and two walks. “I think I had better stuff the other night, but I’m just I glad I threw seven, and yeah, it was a better night.”
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:53 pm

overall Lester has been imressive in the minors..
1-3, 2.11 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 38.1 IP. 31 H, 12 BB, 25 K
last comments from rotoworld..

Jon Lester allowed two runs in seven innings Friday in his first start since being optioned to Triple-A.
Lester has a 2.11 ERA in 38 1/3 innings for Pawtucket. He'll be eligible to rejoin the Red Sox in five days, but barring an injury, it seems unlikely that he'll rejoin the rotation before the All-Star break.

speaking of injury, Tavaraz could be down. his next scheduled start would be 20th against Atlanta. since Lester went down on the 16th and cant come back up for 5 days if Tavarez cant go in that game would the Sox move someone up and then call up Lester on the 21st?
even if Tavarez starts that game, would the Red Sox soon after send him to the bullpen to call up Lester for the rotation? or would the Red Sox keep Lester in the minors for awhile and just keep the rotation they currently have?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby livinginarizona » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:48 pm

With Donnelly going on the DL, I'm surprised they didn't move Tavares to the bullpen and call up Lester.
They instead to bring up Delcarmen, they must be exercising some caution with Lester.

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox placed right-hander Brendan Donnelly on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right forearm on Sunday and recalled right-hander Manny Delcarmen from Triple-A Pawtucket.

Donnelly was 2-1 with a 3.05 ERA in 20 2-3 innings over 27 starts. He last pitched on June 11 and will be eligible to be activated on June 26.

Delcarmen pitched one scoreless inning against the New York Yankees on May 21, his only appearance for Boston.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:40 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:overall Lester has been imressive in the minors..
1-3, 2.11 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 38.1 IP. 31 H, 12 BB, 25 K
last comments from rotoworld..

Jon Lester allowed two runs in seven innings Friday in his first start since being optioned to Triple-A.
Lester has a 2.11 ERA in 38 1/3 innings for Pawtucket. He'll be eligible to rejoin the Red Sox in five days, but barring an injury, it seems unlikely that he'll rejoin the rotation before the All-Star break.

speaking of injury, Tavaraz could be down. his next scheduled start would be 20th against Atlanta. since Lester went down on the 16th and cant come back up for 5 days if Tavarez cant go in that game would the Sox move someone up and then call up Lester on the 21st?
even if Tavarez starts that game, would the Red Sox soon after send him to the bullpen to call up Lester for the rotation? or would the Red Sox keep Lester in the minors for awhile and just keep the rotation they currently have?

Tavarez, by Tavarez standards, has actually pitched quite well. Most certainly better than us Red Sox fans expected when we found out he was being moved to the rotation. I would imagine, and as a Sox fan would want, that they would hold off on calling up Lester till Tavarez shows he doesn't belong in the current role, which could be any day now. As an owner of Lester, I would like it done another way, but it's probably best if they give Lester as much time as he needs. It really sucks that they took his DL tab off though.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates