Little Help Please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Little Help Please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Little Help Please

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:13 pm

Okay i'm no expert or anything on the guys from the draft but a bunch of them were added to our wire and I figure I should try to target 2-3 of them. I can get some of the lower names I have the 8th spot on the wire. I'll list the names and then list the guys I wrote stuff down about during the draft and see what you guys think. Oh and I can use another good SP prospect and bat maybe at 1B or OF.

Available..
Mike Moustakas
Josh Vitters
Matt Wieters
Matt LaPorta
Matt Dominguez
Beau Mills
Jason Heyward
Pete Kozma
J.P. Arencibia
Ben Revere

David Price
Daniel Moskos
Ross Detwiler
Casey Weathers
Jarrod Parker
Madison Bumgarner
Phillippe Aumont
Blake Beavan
Joe Savery
Tim Alderson
Nick Schmidt
Michael Main
Aaron Poreda
James Simmons
Rick Porcello

Okay the pitchers I was thinking about trying to get at the point I have wire from are Jarrod Parker or Rick Porcello. Weathers could be a option also but the rockies kinda scare me off that idea. As for a hitter I was thinking Heyward or Mills. Good ideas or should I look to another player?
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 637)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Little Help Please

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:17 pm

Can you post just a little more information please? When you pick up a player, are they added to your minor league team for this year? There is a ton of talent in the players available, but a lot of them will take time. I'll help you out more when I get a little more information about your rules/roster.

Here are the top pitchers:
David Price
Rick Porcello
Jarrod Parker
Ross Detwiler
Phillipe Aumont
Blake Beaven
Daniel Moskos
Nick Schmidt
Michael Main (I played against him this year :D)
Casey Weathers

Now that list is based on potential/ability to reach that potential. If you are looking for help this year, the only player that I can imagine being up is Casey Weathers, and another guy that you didn't mention, Joshua Fields. Those two were college closers and could potentially be up this year. Weathers, could actually come up and close with the rumors surrounding Fuentes, but all of that is highly unlikely.

Here are the top hitters:
Josh Vitters
Mike Moustakas
Jason Heyward
Matt LaPorta
Beau Mills
Matt Wieters
Matt Dominguez

Nobody on the list could come up this year. According to your needs, I would say LaPorta and Heyward are the best fits for you. They both have huge HR potential. Like I said, just post your roster and I can tell you exactly what I would do ;D
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 pm

Don't worry about your needs when most of these guys are 3+ years away from contributing....

Price
Porcello
Parker
Detweiller
Aumont

Wieters
Vitters
Heyward
Moustakas
LaPorta

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm

bigken117 wrote:Don't worry about your needs when most of these guys are 3+ years away from contributing....

Price
Porcello
Parker
Detweiller
Aumont

Wieters
Vitters
Heyward
Moustakas
LaPorta

The college draftees could be a lot closer than 3 year away. I've heard that Price and possibly Porcello (ala Andrew Miller) could see time this year in the majors.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:30 pm

Yeah I can put them on my minor league system. We get to keep 10 players there during the year and get to keep 5 of those players at the end of the year. At the moment I have Evan Longoria, Yovani Gallardo, and Nick Adenhart as sure keepers. Then I have possible guys like Erick Aybar and Chris Parmelee. I have guys further down like a Michael Bourn or Jason Bergmann. I figure even if I don't keep them I could use them as bait since a lot of our league like to grab kids and hold onto them. I'm in need of turning my rotation toward youth in the future. My main guys are Santana and Smoltz who will be my only major league keeper pitchers the rest hitters. Sooner or later I will have to move Smoltz and will only have Santana left. I figure maybe by that time Gallardo and Adenhart will be ready to step up for my team. I have no real answer at 1B seeing that I have Giambi and then fill in guys like Dmitri Young and Greg Dobbs. So I would really like to find a good young 1B to fill that spot for the future. My OF is deep already but I would like to get another guy in there so I can use my strength to maybe trade for another top SP. We start 4 guys and I got Soriano, Crawford, Beltran, Ichiro in my OF. I figure I can move Soriano or Ichiro to help my SP at some point down the road. This is my entire roster...

C- Ramon Hernandez -DL
1B- Giambi Dobbs Dmitri Young
2B- Phillips Aybar
3B- MCabrera Glaus Longoria
SS- Tejada
OF- Crawford Beltran Soriano Ichiro Victorino Podsednik-DL Church Bourn Melky

SP- Santana Smoltz Pedro-DL Burnett Wolf Glavine Rogers-DL Clemens Gallardo Adenhart Bergmann

RP- Capps Dotel Nathan Papelbon Gagne Neshek Lowe-DL Hennessey
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:06 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Don't worry about your needs when most of these guys are 3+ years away from contributing....

Price
Porcello
Parker
Detweiller
Aumont

Wieters
Vitters
Heyward
Moustakas
LaPorta

The college draftees could be a lot closer than 3 year away. I've heard that Price and possibly Porcello (ala Andrew Miller) could see time this year in the majors.

The operative word in that statement was most...
Porcello is straight outta high school, if the Tigers sign him and call him up even next season, they are crazy.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:29 am

bigken117 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Price
Porcello
Parker
Detweiller
Aumont

Wieters
Vitters
Heyward
Moustakas
LaPorta

The operative word in that statement was most...
Porcello is straight outta high school, if the Tigers sign him and call him up even next season, they are crazy.

Stranger things have happened. I heard MLB.COM's Mayo suggest that he could be on the Tiger sept/postseason roster as a RP as a way to sign him with his insane bonus demands.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Please don't put Porcello in the pen this year. That would absolutely ruin him.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Philly_05 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:33 am

Okay this is the news lol 8-).. Last night before the ww run I put in 10 names I was 8th in the run so I figured I might have a outside chance of getting 2 players. Wow was I wrong I ended up with 8 of them... I don't know what's up if the league was asleep at the wheel over fathers day or what but I ended up with..

Matt Laporta
Jason Heyward
Beau Mills
Josh Vitters

Rick Porcello
Jarrod Parker
Phillippe Aumont
Casey Weathers

So now i'm two over on my farm system because I didn't have drops for all of them because I didn't think I would get half of them. Now I can maybe drop Neshek and Aybar thoughts on that? I'm trying to make a 2 for 1 for Hanley Ramirez my offer is still being looked over by him Tejada and Hennsessey. I would like to hold onto Dobbs to play vs right handers.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:27 am

Philly_05 wrote:Okay this is the news lol 8-).. Last night before the ww run I put in 10 names I was 8th in the run so I figured I might have a outside chance of getting 2 players. Wow was I wrong I ended up with 8 of them... I don't know what's up if the league was asleep at the wheel over fathers day or what but I ended up with..

Matt Laporta
Jason Heyward
Beau Mills
Josh Vitters

Rick Porcello
Jarrod Parker
Phillippe Aumont
Casey Weathers

So now i'm two over on my farm system because I didn't have drops for all of them because I didn't think I would get half of them. Now I can maybe drop Neshek and Aybar thoughts on that? I'm trying to make a 2 for 1 for Hanley Ramirez my offer is still being looked over by him Tejada and Hennsessey. I would like to hold onto Dobbs to play vs right handers.

...nice

Well I'd drop Melky and Aybar.
Fantasy Man 27
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball