Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby sixer03fan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:27 pm

[quote="AKhomebrewer"][quote="rotowire"]Jun 14 Capuano (strained groin) was placed on the DL after Thursday's game.
Recommendation: Capuano strained the game while warming up for Wednesday's game. He should be able to come off of the DL in the minimum amount of time since this isn't a serious injury.[/quote]
Capuano's DL stint is retro to June 9, since he didn't actually throw a pitch Wednesday. He could be back June 24, which would be the day of Gallardo's theoretical second start. If, in fact, Yo starts against SF Monday and isn't used in mid relief in the interim.
This may be a one-start call up if Cappy really does return after the minimum.[/quote]

part pooper...
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1982
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Reading this gave me the impression(I stress that I'm not a doctor) that he'll be the full 15 maybe a bit longer.

From mlb.com
After he was scratched, Capuano saw a Tigers team doctor, who conferred via telephone with Brewers head physician Dr. William Raasch and agreed that an MRI scan was not necessary. Capuano was told the strain is near the top of the groin muscle, where it attaches to the pelvis. Tissue there is typically slower to heal.



http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/a ... p&c_id=mil
Image
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1681
Joined: 9 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby roncool11 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:51 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Reading this gave me the impression(I stress that I'm not a doctor) that he'll be the full 15 maybe a bit longer.

From mlb.com
After he was scratched, Capuano saw a Tigers team doctor, who conferred via telephone with Brewers head physician Dr. William Raasch and agreed that an MRI scan was not necessary. Capuano was told the strain is near the top of the groin muscle, where it attaches to the pelvis. Tissue there is typically slower to heal.



http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/a ... p&c_id=mil


I hope so I just dropped cappy for Gallardo
Image
roncool11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 471
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MY HOUSE!!!!!!

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby Slayer Rules » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:54 pm

I wouldn't worry about it - Gallardo is in control of his own destiny here. If he pitches 'lights out' he's not going anywhere. He's in a position to not give the Brewers any choice but to keep hm up - it's that simple IMO....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 748
Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby kugino » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:13 pm

his K/BB numbers are fantastic...i don't care what level you're pitching at - those are great stats. i'm last in my league in Ks so i welcome his addition to my staff (p.s., i have a great pitching staff, but maddux/carmona/weaver/buehrle aren't striking people out these days).
5x5 12-team league w/5 keepers.
as of 5/02: 2nd place; 5/27: 6th
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 311
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby Oriole Way » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:12 pm

kugino wrote:(p.s., i have a great pitching staff, but maddux/carmona/weaver/buehrle aren't striking people out these days).


Sorry, but that's not a great pitching staff.
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 802
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby sportsfan1433 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Oriole Way wrote:
kugino wrote:(p.s., i have a great pitching staff, but maddux/carmona/weaver/buehrle aren't striking people out these days).


Sorry, but that's not a great pitching staff.


he also has johan, oswalt, and verlander
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3007
Joined: 26 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby Oriole Way » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:06 am

sportsfan1433 wrote:
Oriole Way wrote:
kugino wrote:(p.s., i have a great pitching staff, but maddux/carmona/weaver/buehrle aren't striking people out these days).


Sorry, but that's not a great pitching staff.


he also has johan, oswalt, and verlander


My bad, I'm an ass.
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 802
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby phinphan896 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:07 pm

hopefully its reminiscent of him striking out 5 in two innings during a spring game (including barry bonds)
phinphan896
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 108
Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gallardo Watch: Should get the Call Today!

Postby dubstar » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:29 pm

hes looking pretty decent from what i can tell. cant actually watch him pitch. 2 hits through 5, bot many k's though. they are hitting alot of 2 strike pitches in play.
dubstar
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1682
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 5 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact