Dukes must go-NOW! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Dukes must go-NOW!

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Re: Dukes must go-NOW!

Postby scr » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:09 am

Wifey hasn't seen her name in the SPT in a couple of months, so she's dragging Elijah back to court again. Seems she was steamed big-time that Elijah was coaching first base, and she got no attention...

Here's a brilliant thought...Elijah should be directing-or the court should be directing-an automatic deduction from Elijah's pay and sending it directly to wifey to curtail the insatiable need for media attention that it appears she needs.

As I've said all along-this is a divorce-and there's nothing worse than a "woman scorned" who's putting her need for the spotlight ahead of her kids financial security (IMHO). She comes off as a hateful, jealous ex-wife who will not stop until Elijah is completely out of a job, penniless, and ruined.

My gut says that her last tirade to the SPT shows her true colors, and folks are starting to get it. Hopefully, the Rays quietly stick with Elijah. In spite of wifey, the kids just might have a secure future.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:40 pm

I just noticed this, the SPT has a whole section on their site devoted to Elijah and his "domestic Problems" %-6

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/webspecials07/special_reports/elijah_dukes/
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:16 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I just noticed this, the SPT has a whole section on their site devoted to Elijah and his "domestic Problems" %-6

Damn. I hope Elijah goes 30/30 this year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:39 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I just noticed this, the SPT has a whole section on their site devoted to Elijah and his "domestic Problems" %-6

Damn. I hope Elijah goes 30/30 this year.

as do I. That is some bullsh!t. I never saw that before. I have canceled my subscription to SPT
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scr » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:14 pm

The SPT has had their little bashing section dedicated to Elijah for months now. I just ignore it.

You guys know how I feel about the SPT. They do what they do because they can. The club has never stood up to this rag of hate. It is my opinion that the relentless pummeling Delmon, Elijah and to a large extent BJ as well have absorbed by the hate mongers of the SPT in the past and present is a material cause of player discontent in the area.

A small market team needs to embrace it's players in a positive light-with the help of the local media. The Rays local media-the SPT works in every possible way to undermine the efforts of management in this regard. The SPT have their own agenda, as the section dedicated to Elijah demonstrates.

If Stu had any balls he'd corral a few of his Wall Street friends to create a new local paper that sells truth, not the slime that poses as a media outlet called the SPT.

Anyways, Elijah has no future in Tampa. The SPT will make sure that he doesn't see the light of day.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Tampa Bay Rays