Dukes must go-NOW! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Dukes must go-NOW!

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Dukes must go-NOW!

Postby scr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:36 am

For the sake of his own career, he must be sent to another team's minor league system immediately.

Romano did another job on the kid today. Day in and day out the Times runs opinion pieces and "news stories" baked with an agenda that fuels a fire of hatred towards the kid. It's relentless.

If anything, the Times has given the DRO the opportunity to dump Dukes and be rewarded with some positive PR for a change.

Before the next thing hits the media, please get the kid off the roster and out of the public view. The Times will have this kid incarcerated for life with the next thing to hit the press.

Maybe the kid can come back in a few years (in another uniform) after dropping out of the spot light. Maybe. Dukes requires a serious overhaul of attitude and decision making.

The thing is, if the DRO gives in to the Times spin machine, what happens to the next player the Times decides to run out of town?
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dukes must go-NOW!

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:13 am

I have a feeling that Dukes will be moved soon
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:38 am

deerayfan072 wrote:I have a feeling that Dukes will be moved soon

Hopefully today. The earlier the better. For the sake of his six hundred, er, I mean six kids, I hope it's to another MLB farm system and not to the local penitentiary.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:46 am

scr wrote:

Hopefully today. The earlier the better. For the sake of his six hundred, er, I mean six kids, I hope it's to another MLB farm system and not to the local penitentiary.

It will be to another team, things are looking a little better with Dukes for the other thing he was in trouble for, a little better, which is why i could not relase whats going on
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:24 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
scr wrote:

It will be to another team, things are looking a little better with Dukes for the other thing he was in trouble for, a little better, which is why i could not relase whats going on

You are to be commended for keeping a lid on things. I can't even begin to think of the roasting he (Dukes) would get on even the hint of another screwup. I am hopeful that the kid can start all over in a friendlier place, and seriously clean up his act.

...and yes, Edwin has, IMHO, pitched himself out of a job. Triple A is where I think he should be right now.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Problem with Edwin is that he is out of options. I found out there are a lot of teams that have contacted the Rays regarding E so if we send him down he will not pass waivers.

Dukes was not in the lineuo today, but will be tommorow. He had a heated convo with Friedman this morning and he is real mad about not being in the lineup. They need to trade him to get him away from this mess, it is whats best for him and the team
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Problem with Edwin is that he is out of options. I found out there are a lot of teams that have contacted the Rays regarding E so if we send him down he will not pass waivers.

Dukes was not in the lineuo today, but will be tommorow. He had a heated convo with Friedman this morning and he is real mad about not being in the lineup. They need to trade him to get him away from this mess, it is whats best for him and the team

After Romano's piece today, and the various other pressures Andrew must be under regarding Dukes, I don't see him (Andrew) having any choice but to keep Dukes out of the lineup for the time being. Part of Elijah's problem right now is exemplified in his reaction to not being in the lineup. It's like the kid just doesn't understand the magnitude of the microscope he and the DFO are under right now. He just doesn't get it. When he finally does get it-all of it-his problems will go away overnight.

Andrew could also be holding him out of the lineup because a deal might be close and he doesn't want to risk an injury...
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 pm

It is an absolute shame. :,(
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scr » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:01 am

raiders_umpire wrote:It is an absolute shame. :,(

Can I ask you guys what does this kid have to do?

He keeps his mouth shut and he gets ripped. He opens his mouth and he gets ripped. Even the radio host from yesterday felt bad for him, yet the DFO is now mad at him for finally defending himself.

If you believe the Times today, the DFO and some players are fed up with him because he called in to defend himself. Of course, I've got a hard time believing anything they write anymore.

BTW, I'd certainly tell the Times to f-off after printing lie after lie about me in their paper. I don't get why the DFO doesn't tell the Times to f-themselves as well.

Can you give me any more insight?

Thanks.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:22 am

scr wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:It is an absolute shame. :,(

Can I ask you guys what does this kid have to do?

He keeps his mouth shut and he gets ripped. He opens his mouth and he gets ripped. Even the radio host from yesterday felt bad for him, yet the DFO is now mad at him for finally defending himself.

If you believe the Times today, the DFO and some players are fed up with him because he called in to defend himself. Of course, I've got a hard time believing anything they write anymore.

BTW, I'd certainly tell the Times to f-off after printing lie after lie about me in their paper. I don't get why the DFO doesn't tell the Times to f-themselves as well.

Can you give me any more insight?

Thanks.

This gets so slanted its unbelieveable. The article written from the times took what they wanted from the interview and left the rest. I also found out that the "Assault" he was charged with he never showed up to argue about it in court, which if he had it would have been dropped. In assualt the fear has to be imminent so Assualt cannot happen over the phone, which is just another telling thing of the bad advice he is getting, or no advice at all. I honestly believe that the Rays are tired of the bad publicity, which is not Elijahs fault as much as it is the medias, but they may have no choice but to trade him. I think that it will be better for him to get out of this area, for his sake and his families sake. I think that the Rays have no choice becuase the media has jumoed on him and i do not think they will stop until he is gone, which puts the Rays in a hard spot
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Tampa Bay Rays