Commish Trades - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commish Trades

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Commish Trades

Postby mhdynomite » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:34 am

I am the commish of a keeper league. We use commish reveiw. When I am involved in a trade I let the trade sit for a bit and if anyone doesn't like it they speak up or I let it through. I have 2 people in my league who don't like this trade. The problem is I think this is a fair trade and I posted it here and 3 people said it was not vetoable. If I weren't involved I would have let the trade through already. Any thoughts on what I should do.

12 Team H2H Keeper that keeps 10.

Team A
Delmon Young
Tom Gorzelanny
Barry Zito
Round 3 Pick

Team B
Carlos Guillén
Aaron Harang
Dontrelle Willis
mhdynomite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Commish Trades

Postby happyturtle » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:58 am

Whatever team is getting Guillen, Harang, and Willis is making out very nicely. Those 2 pitchers are better in every way than Gorzellany and Zito, both right now and as possible keeper options. Carlos Guillen, if healthy, is a top SS. I know since its a keeper Delmon Young has more value, but he isnt very good this year.

If this was my league I would consider vetoing the trade
happyturtle Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby las_vegas_keith » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:13 am

Well I wouldn't say that Willis is better than Zito and Gorzelanny in every way. I mean Willis has an era of 4.74 and a whip of 1.57 and last year his whip was 1.42. Gorzelanny has been great this year. He doesn't have a lot of k's but good era. Zito's number are more in line with Willis. I would say the trade should not be vetoed. I think both teams are trying to do what they can to make their teams better either for this year or next.

Keeper leagues are like that. In my 12 team 5x5 mixed keeper aution league there are teams at the bottom selling off high-priced talent for low-priced keepers. In a strait trade they may look bad, but when you take into account the salaries it all comes out. If people have issue with the trade ask them what their problem is with it.

Young is a good young keeper. Guillen is a good ss, but his numbers are similar to several ss.

I think the deal is fine.

Team A
Delmon Young
Tom Gorzelanny
Barry Zito
Round 3 Pick

Team B
Carlos Guillén
Aaron Harang
Dontrelle Willis
las_vegas_keith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Being the commish, you really can't just say "well I think it's fair, so I'm allowing it." It's your team, so the conflict of interest is obvious. Since people have objected, I think you should put it to a vote. If your league votes it down, you really should go with their verdict. It sucks to be a commish sometimes, but that's part of being a good one, putting the league's best interest before your own. Give them a good argument for why it should go through, but live with their choice.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby powenM » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:17 am

#1 your mistake was not setting a rule at the first of the year if these cases arise. The league needs to vote in these cases. u shouldve set a # of nay votes that would cause a veto.

As for the trade it isnt close to Vetoable.

Too me Zito & Willis r practically even.
Right now Harang may have the edge on Gorzy but in the future that probably change.
In a Keeper Id take DYoung any day over CG.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby machine3 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:11 pm

No way should this be vetoed. Nowhere close.
machine3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Do you not have an exact means of vetoing a trade that involves the commish??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Commissioner's Corner