Broken XBox 360 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Broken XBox 360

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Broken XBox 360

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:32 am

Well my XBox bit the dust after less than 6 months...has anyone had any experience dealing with Microsoft with the flashing red circle problems? :[ :~(
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Broken XBox 360

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:36 am

my roommate's xbox kept messing up on him and he sent it back 2 times to get fixed.

after one time when he sent it back, they definitely gave him an xbox that wasnt his previously. now i dont know if thats a good thing or not. on one hand, he got rid of his problem ridden xbox but on the other he most likely got someone else's broken one. but the one he has now has been working fine, so its all moot i guess.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:20 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:my roommate's xbox kept messing up on him and he sent it back 2 times to get fixed.

after one time when he sent it back, they definitely gave him an xbox that wasnt his previously. now i dont know if thats a good thing or not. on one hand, he got rid of his problem ridden xbox but on the other he most likely got someone else's broken one. but the one he has now has been working fine, so its all moot i guess.

I thought they send back different ones when you send in a broken one normally?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brewcrew4you » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:40 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:my roommate's xbox kept messing up on him and he sent it back 2 times to get fixed.

That was also my understanding.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:47 pm

Did you try the famous towel trick? I'm not sure how smart of an idea it is, but I know it's worked for people on other boards I post on.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sox 06 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:22 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Did you try the famous towel trick? I'm not sure how smart of an idea it is, but I know it's worked for people on other boards I post on.

I've heard the towel trick isn't a good idea and its only a temporary fix. I think the best thing to do is take it back if its still under Warranty or call Microsoft. I've heard that Microsoft customer support is terrible.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 pm

One of the main reasons why I don't own an XBox. I can't believe these problems are still around after almost two years since release but that's Microsoft for you.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:56 pm

Missing out on great games then...
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:32 pm

Yoda wrote:One of the main reasons why I don't own an XBox. I can't believe these problems are still around after almost two years since release but that's Microsoft for you.

Agreed. The fact that the systems are still faulty 2 years later is an utter joke.

What is the "Towel Trick"?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:28 am

teddy ballgame wrote:

yeah, like i said its my roommates, not mine, so i didnt/dont know the situation. !+) he seemed alittle upset when he realized. why wouldnt they just fix the one you send back yourself. pretty weird if you ask me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Video Games