please help i accidently droped verlander PLEASE HELP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

please help i accidently droped verlander PLEASE HELP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

please help i accidently droped verlander PLEASE HELP

Postby A'salltheway » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 pm

my computer screwed up and i dropped verlander in a cbs league. is there any way that the commish can help me out. i posted right after it happened . what can i do please help. this just happened like 5 minutes ago
A'salltheway
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: please help i accidently droped verlander PLEASE HELP

Postby mhdynomite » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:19 pm

contact him and explain what happened. If I were the commish I would give him back.
mhdynomite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Danger » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:43 am

If you emailed the commish or posted on the message boards immediately after you made the mistake then the league and commish should see the timestamp of your message and realize it's a mistake. The commish "should" put him back on your team.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Vicious_Machine » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Danger wrote:If you emailed the commish or posted on the message boards immediately after you made the mistake then the league and commish should see the timestamp of your message and realize it's a mistake. The commish "should" put him back on your team.

that sucks, but there is no real reason for your commish to give him back to you.
i havnt used a cbs league in a while, but when you drop somebody
dont you click "drop", choose the player, click submit, and then another screen comes up saying "are you sure you want to drop them"......

if i had the #1 waiver, and the commish put him back on your team, i would be sorta pissed. you made a mistake, but the guy sitting on the best waiver should have verlander now. not you.

unless of course you can just drop ppl in cbs leagues with one accidental click (which i doubt)
Vicious_Machine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:35 pm

Definitely stay on top of the commish on this 1.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby SJNez46 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Ya, I had a similar problem. I had Adrian Gonzalez and dropped him because I thought it was Alex Gonzalez and who I wouldnt need. SOmehow he cleared waivers, but I went on the next day to pick him up again and someone already had. THat was pretty frustrating.
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby poopdungbeatle » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:46 am

Vicious_Machine wrote:
Danger wrote:If you emailed the commish or posted on the message boards immediately after you made the mistake then the league and commish should see the timestamp of your message and realize it's a mistake. The commish "should" put him back on your team.

that sucks, but there is no real reason for your commish to give him back to you.
i havnt used a cbs league in a while, but when you drop somebody
dont you click "drop", choose the player, click submit, and then another screen comes up saying "are you sure you want to drop them"......

if i had the #1 waiver, and the commish put him back on your team, i would be sorta pissed. you made a mistake, but the guy sitting on the best waiver should have verlander now. not you.

unless of course you can just drop ppl in cbs leagues with one accidental click (which i doubt)

i agree 100%. you or your computer made the mistake?! oh well, tough luck. Not fair to other managers if you say you did it on accident and you get im back. Its a different matter is someone is in last place and "dumping" his team....
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Each league is different, but in all of our leagues, we allow the team who "accidentally" dropped the player post a message saying that it was an accident and then the commish puts that player back on the team. But it's a short window...the team can't drop him during the day and then that night say it was a mistake...at that point it's too bad so sad.

And in sportsline, you click the "Add Player" button, which then takes you to the Add/Drop screen...and then the Added player is auto highlighted, and all you do is highlight the player you want to drop and hit "Submit" (or Accept)...there is no confirmation screen like there is in yahoo, so in sportsline I can understand it being more of an accident then in yahoo.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Commissioner's Corner