Yankees and third - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees and third

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tool069c » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:14 pm

Glaus to the yankees doesnt make sense to me...and I hate the yankees. All they wold get is glaus in the last year of his deal, coming of a torn rotator cuff that he didnt have surgery to repair. Which could hamper him again this year and throughout his career, as well asd his .250 ba. I hope they do make the deal, just so I can see glaus on the DL in mid june again, and they will be lookin for another 3b...
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:53 pm

tool069c wrote:Glaus to the yankees doesnt make sense to me...and I hate the yankees. All they wold get is glaus in the last year of his deal, coming of a torn rotator cuff that he didnt have surgery to repair. Which could hamper him again this year and throughout his career, as well asd his .250 ba. I hope they do make the deal, just so I can see glaus on the DL in mid june again, and they will be lookin for another 3b...

its all speculation at this point. dont forget, troy glaus with a messed up shoulder is still better than miguel cairo any day of the week.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby swingaway » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:30 pm

ti wont happen to much havdes to happen and dont forgwet that the angles would want a 3rd baseman from someone and if it does go down who would this 3rd team be so the angles get a 3rd baseman?
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby tool069c » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:32 pm

swingaway wrote:ti wont happen to much havdes to happen and dont forgwet that the angles would want a 3rd baseman from someone and if it does go down who would this 3rd team be so the angles get a 3rd baseman?

I dunno what your drinkin, but i want some....haha
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swingaway » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
kentx12 wrote:The rich get richer. Dont Yankee fans get sick of just bying up everything. Oh well, I guess it wont last too much longer since they have no talented minor leaguers left to trade.

Glass houses, boy. Didn't your beloved Astros just buy 2/5 of their starting rotation? I also don't want to hear about how the Yankees do it more. That's like someone who drinks a 6 pack a day telling someone that drinks 10 a day that they drink too much. Whether you like it or not, the Yankees do what they feel they need to do to win and it is well within the rules. Fault the rules and not them.

dude they didnt buy noone they just gained clemens instead of having wagner we just sigen d andy to replace him. We are also going to trade richard hildago to someone to cut cost so how are we free spenders when we sign someone we cut cost to balance it out thats why we are alway s that 1-2 players short of making an impact in the playoffs.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:34 pm

tool069c wrote:
swingaway wrote:ti wont happen to much havdes to happen and dont forgwet that the angles would want a 3rd baseman from someone and if it does go down who would this 3rd team be so the angles get a 3rd baseman?

I was wondering the same thing. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:38 pm

swingaway wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
kentx12 wrote:The rich get richer. Dont Yankee fans get sick of just bying up everything. Oh well, I guess it wont last too much longer since they have no talented minor leaguers left to trade.

Glass houses, boy. Didn't your beloved Astros just buy 2/5 of their starting rotation? I also don't want to hear about how the Yankees do it more. That's like someone who drinks a 6 pack a day telling someone that drinks 10 a day that they drink too much. Whether you like it or not, the Yankees do what they feel they need to do to win and it is well within the rules. Fault the rules and not them.

dude they didnt buy noone they just gained clemens instead of having wagner we just sigen d andy to replace him. We are also going to trade richard hildago to someone to cut cost so how are we free spenders when we sign someone we cut cost to balance it out thats why we are alway s that 1-2 players short of making an impact in the playoffs.

All that I'm saying is that you are getting on the Yankees for buying players but looking the other way when the Astros do it. I don't care how they got there and what other moves they make, the truth is that they bought 40% of their starting rotation. I don't care but since you have a problem with the Yankees buying players, why is it O.K. for the Astros to do the same? :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Pedantic » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:39 pm

tool069c wrote:

I believe he is from Spain. ;-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby swingaway » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:46 pm

grrrrrr
yankees basicaly bought or traded for there whole
front 5 starters
vazquez traded
brown traded
contreas signed
mussina cant remebr traded or signed
liber cant remeber but either signed or traded
100 percent not yours hahahahah
point being yankees add payroll and never decrease why the astros sign someone then cut someone in another place to remain at same payroll.

1st giamba bought
3rd boone trade basically bought
matsui bought
lofton bought
shef bought

quantriall bought
gordon bought

80 percent of the yankees are either bought or got traded at one point in thier career.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:52 pm

Despite swingaway's apparent 'permafried' facade, he is right. The Yankees buy everybody. The Astros bought Pettitte and Clemens, but because they WANTED to play for Houston. Pettitte turned down more money from the Yanks to play in Hoston. It's not like the 'stros went out and said "Hmmmmmmmmm, who can we buy for millions of dollars so we have the bst team in the world?". It was Pettitte's decision. And that's why Rocket went too.

The Yankees buy everybody and it's no fun anymore, but I agree Lofunzo, blame the system for allowing teams like the Yankees to ruin the game. The problem is it takes like a decade to get any changes to the CBA, and even longer if you want to avoid a strike.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers