Who will Phillies' closer be??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who will Phillies' closer be???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who will Phillies' closer be???

Postby wildbill » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:49 pm

morphism wrote:Someone in my league just released Gordon. At this point, it seems like he is DEFINITELY worth a gamble on a DL spot. I am starting to get a "gut feeling" :? (unsubstantiated except for the previous posts -- nice post by the way of that Phila. Daily News article) that Myers may be headed back to the rotation.

It would make sense, that's probably where he'd help the team the most, but since when does Philly management do anything that makes sense. However, with Garcia selfishly opting to rehab and come back to pitch this year (probably poorly) instead of surgery he probably needs just so he can get a contract next year I don't see how Myers could go back in the rotation. Of course the team hide Gordon's injury for over a month so who knows what's really going on there.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who will Phillies' closer be???

Postby BronxBomber2007 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:47 pm

With the injury to Garcia and the Phillies winning, My prediction is that Myers will be going back to the rotation. It was one of the oddest moves I have ever seen moving Myers to middle relief and then closer...but look at where the Phillies are at now....I see Myers being a great second half starter. It might have been just what he needed as crazy as it was.
BronxBomber2007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates