Who will Phillies' closer be??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who will Phillies' closer be???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who will Phillies' closer be???

Postby Homoudont » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Did u just call me a Phila Homo? I may read the Phila. Gay News.. PGN... but I am no homo.. and what does one's sexual preference have to do with baseball?
Homoudont
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:47 pm

kaiser wrote:THAT LAST GUY IS A PHILLIE HOMER, AND DEFINATELY LOVES USING THE CAPS BUTTON ON HIS KEYBOARD. :D

Yeah I know that guy. He's the biggest Phillies fan I've ever come across. To give you an idea...he painted his house bright red, yes the entire house. All the rooms have bright red carpet with big white Ps in the middle. The walls are all red, the ceilings are still white last I saw. His furniture is all bright red and specially modified with big Ps all over them. His toliets are red and so are the bathroom tiles. His car is bright red and it has a custom horn that plays one of Harry Kalus' famous HR calls instead of the normal honk. He wears nothing but red clothes to work during the season. His favorite food is red jello. I could go on but you get the picture.

As far as I know he's not gay. If he is even his wife doesn't know.....Yeah I don't know how she puts up with living around all that red either. Oh he's also kicking my teams injury riddled butt in fantasy this year.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Texican » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:05 pm

Any news on Gordon or Myers?
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:28 pm

This is latest on Myers from Yahoo:
Jun 18 Myers (shoulder) will throw at 100 percent intensity on Monday, the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

Recommendation: For the first time since going on the DL, Myers will turn up the velocity during his side session. He's still at least a week from returning, but how he feels after Monday's outing should go a long way towards determining a more specific timetable for his return.

The last I heard on Gordon is his return date is still further off then Myers. Also no matter how much sense it makes for the Phillies to put Myers in the rotation it's not going to happen. They're happy with 3 number 3/4 type starters and then pretty much nothing behind Hamels.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcd285 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 am

Jun 20 Gordon's rehab (right rotator cuff) is a bit ahead of Brett Myers' rehab (right shoulder) the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Recommendation: Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee said that Gordon is ahead of Myers and should return before July 1. This would mean that Gordon would get a few save opportunities before Myers gets back and the job changes hands again.
mcd285
College Coach
College Coach

Postby interchange » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 am

If Gordon comes back first and picks up a couple saves, will he remain closer?
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Homoudont » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:21 pm

Myers (shoulder) will throw another full bullpen session on Saturday, the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

Fantasy Spin: Considering that Myers reportedly last threw a full bullpen session on Monday, one has to wonder if the Phillies are quietly shifting Myers back into the rotation. It's purely speculation at this point, but typically, the bullpen sessions for relievers aren't spaced out by five days unless there is some form of a setback or further injury. We'll continue to follow his the status of his rehab.
Homoudont
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Texican » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:21 pm

interchange wrote:If Gordon comes back first and picks up a couple saves, will he remain closer?

That is the million dollar question.....
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ultrazero » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:05 pm

Texican wrote:
interchange wrote:If Gordon comes back first and picks up a couple saves, will he remain closer?

That is the million dollar question.....

It sure is. I was under the impression that Gordon was a lot further off than Myers.
ultrazero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby morphism » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:27 pm

Someone in my league just released Gordon. At this point, it seems like he is DEFINITELY worth a gamble on a DL spot. I am starting to get a "gut feeling" :? (unsubstantiated except for the previous posts -- nice post by the way of that Phila. Daily News article) that Myers may be headed back to the rotation.
morphism
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates