New York, New York... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

New York, New York...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New York, New York...

Postby mits » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:18 pm

Alright guys, I'm from Alaska, but I'm getting a chance to go see the Yanks play the Mets on Sunday the 17th. This is my first Yankee game and I wanted to see the stadium before it becomes a museum. Really pumped about the game but was wondering if there is anything I need to definatly go see What bars to go to? How early should I get there for batting pratice? I haven't even got a hotel yet, any suggestions? So many questions, so little time.
Thanks for all help!
mits Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New York, New York...

Postby bwagner112 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:56 am

Kind of tough question considering we are not really sure of your budget...I would recommend staying in Manhattan and then just jumping on the "4" train, which lets you off right outside the stadium.

As far as bars, Stan's and Billy's across from the stadium are a must.

I'm from NY, but now I'm living in CA. Feel free to shoot me a PM with any other questions.
bwagner112
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:47 am

Budget is definitely a concern. Staying in Manhattan?? Good luck unless you are Donald Trump. I live in Central Jersey and can take a few trains and get there soon enough. As for batting practice, it looks like you might be screwed:

BATTING PRACTICE
Guests are welcome to watch batting practice. Gates open two hours prior to each game.

BATTING PRACTICE TIMES *
1:05 p.m. Game Time 4:05 p.m. Game Time
10:40 a.m. Yankees Batting Practice 1:40 p.m. Yankees Batting Practice
11:40 a.m. Visiting Team Batting Practice 2:40 p.m. Visiting Team Batting Practice

7:05 p.m. Game Time 8:00 p.m. Game Time
4:40 p.m. Yankees Batting Practice 5:40 p.m. Yankees Batting Practice
5:40 p.m. Visiting Team Batting Practice 6:40 p.m. Visiting Team Batting Practice
* Please note batting practice times are subject to change without notice.

This is from their official (http://www.mlb.com) site. You might only be able to catch the end of it and the visiting team. I rarely hang out at any of the bars but let me know if you want some special places, have a lot of $$, and plan on staying up late.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby mits » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks for the info! That helps out a lot. I think your right about batting pratice though, bummer. As for bars, I am just looking for some places that are a must see for a person going to his first Yankee game.
Thanks for all the help/info!
mits Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ty Webb » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:37 pm

if your looking for some beers before the game go to stan's. its a good spot that gets packed before a game. if your looking for history go to monument park inside yankee stadium. you'll want to get in there early though after the gates open which could mean no stan's beforehand. being in the stadium itself and the atmosphere of this game is the real "must see".... so by just being there you'll be all set. have fun.
Ty Webb
College Coach
College Coach

Return to New York Yankees