Email League to get Attention? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Email League to get Attention?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Email League to get Attention?

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:45 am

There are about 6 managers in my league, including my self, who have been active this season. There are 10 total teams. Should I send an email to the whole league just as a reminder to check their teams? There are some teams with guys who are NA, or on the DL but on their bench and such. Is this a good idea or should I just leave it alone? The league-wide email would be "Just wanted to inform you that we are 1/3 through the Fantasy Baseball season in the league "X." Something like that.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Email League to get Attention?

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:45 am

You can try it but don't be surprised if it gets little to no attention. Is this a public league?? If so, a lot of people use them as mocks for their "real" leagues. :t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:06 pm

Lofunzo wrote:You can try it but don't be surprised if it gets little to no attention. Is this a public league?? If so, a lot of people use them as mocks for their "real" leagues. :t

No its a private league. Its been mostly active but there are 3 or 4 managers who haven't done much this season.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:09 pm

sox 06 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:You can try it but don't be surprised if it gets little to no attention. Is this a public league?? If so, a lot of people use them as mocks for their "real" leagues. :t

No its a private league. Its been mostly active but there are 3 or 4 managers who haven't done much this season.

Then, try the e-mail. I would also see if anyone, you included, knows these 3-4 guys. If so, give them a call or drop them a line. Keep it simple, though.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mac-unit » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:56 pm

i had the same problem. they didnt reply to an email so i replaced them with people who emailed me form my post in the classifieds area. i guess if they are inactive they arnt gonng to be active suddenly after they get an email. i just wonder why people join a league if they arnt going to be active the whole year.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 114)

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:12 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
sox 06 wrote:

Then, try the e-mail. I would also see if anyone, you included, knows these 3-4 guys. If so, give them a call or drop them a line. Keep it simple, though.

What should I say in the email? Saying something like "Just a reminder" doesn't sound right to me.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:58 pm

I would just say something simple like "Just wanted to let everyone know that the season is 1/3 done and I wanted to make sure that you were still interested in playing."
Lofunzo

Postby Danger » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:40 am

I would try to find some guys that are interested in taking over their teams. Email them and see if they respond in a week or something, if not give their teams to someone else that'll be more active.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:33 am

Lofunzo wrote:I would just say something simple like "Just wanted to let everyone know that the season is 1/3 done and I wanted to make sure that you were still interested in playing."

Alright, thanks that sounds good ;D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Commissioner's Corner