Brett Myers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brett Myers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brett Myers

Postby sportscenter8831 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:46 pm

I was just offering up some info. If you really arent going to break apart everything I say then, i'm done posting here. It's just for fun. Kendrick has done great for the Phillies. He is a groundball pitcher in a hitters park who was called up from AA in an emergency and was not thought to be ready for this but he has done great compared to Garcia and Lieber when they were healthy. 4/5 quality starts is excellent for your first 5 starts. Thats great from any pitcher really. Carlos Carrasco and a few other guys could land a closer probably but its not worth making that trade. It's not like Lidge has even proven he can be a lock down guy. It's all potential of whether he can get back to that.
sportscenter8831
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brett Myers

Postby wildbill » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:01 am

sportscenter8831 wrote:I was just offering up some info. If you really arent going to break apart everything I say then, i'm done posting here. It's just for fun. Kendrick has done great for the Phillies. He is a groundball pitcher in a hitters park who was called up from AA in an emergency and was not thought to be ready for this but he has done great compared to Garcia and Lieber when they were healthy. 4/5 quality starts is excellent for your first 5 starts. Thats great from any pitcher really. Carlos Carrasco and a few other guys could land a closer probably but its not worth making that trade. It's not like Lidge has even proven he can be a lock down guy. It's all potential of whether he can get back to that.

Yeah I understand you were offering info, but it wasn't anything new and no one was currently saying anything to the contrary, with regard to Myers, which is why I thought it was strange. Also I'm confused by this post because I did break down your previous post into sections to address the various topics you covered. I didn't break it down enough? If you want to stop posting just because someone doesn't completely agree with you go ahead but everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether it agrees with you or not.

As for Kendrick I'm not disputing that he's done better then expected. I expected him to get knocked around pretty good. I guess you could say he's doing well compared to what was expected of him, but compared to a good major league pitcher he's not doing well, but merely adequate. Also as I said I think he's been very lucky so far based on his relativly high WHIP. After Carrasco I don't think the phillies have any minor leaguers with any significant trade value right now. So him and other players would not get the phillies a Brad Lidge or any other closer unless the other GM is stupid. Why? Simply put there are other teams in need that could make far better offers for players like that.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates