Brett Myers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brett Myers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brett Myers

Postby ScrappyDoo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:13 am

Im in a H2H league with BAA and K/9 as extra cats. We start SP SP RP RP P and roster changes are daily and having him allows me to start 4 closers every day. Those extra saves usually mean the difference in winning saves for the week. Him being a closer with SP eligibility makes him even more attractive.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby clevername » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:22 am

XM Radio was reporting yesterday that Myers is rehabbing "differently" than Gordon even after the Phillies have said that all relievers rehab the same for them. The guy doing the report said he would be surprised if he didn't come back and join the rotation.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:16 pm

clevername wrote:XM Radio was reporting yesterday that Myers is rehabbing "differently" than Gordon even after the Phillies have said that all relievers rehab the same for them. The guy doing the report said he would be surprised if he didn't come back and join the rotation.

I also heard this. The reporter was very adamant that he thinks Myers will be in the rotation. It makes sense given their SP situation.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wildbill » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:09 pm

What? You mean the Phillies might be lying about the situation with one of their pitchers? They wouldn't do that..............AGAIN...........would they? Seems they've done a lot of lying about their pitchers health and/or roles pretty much all season.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jorwoods » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:32 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:
clevername wrote:XM Radio was reporting yesterday that Myers is rehabbing "differently" than Gordon even after the Phillies have said that all relievers rehab the same for them. The guy doing the report said he would be surprised if he didn't come back and join the rotation.

I also heard this. The reporter was very adamant that he thinks Myers will be in the rotation. It makes sense given their SP situation.

I definitely wasn't in the minority that thought the move to the bullpen was idiotic. Why have your ace pitch less than 100 IP when he is capable of 200?? Not to mention the injury risk of moving him to relief work and working him immediately, day after day.

I guess my fantasy team could use him in the rotation...but could he stay healthy with all this back and forth junk?
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:52 pm

jorwoods wrote:
MotorCityKitties wrote:

Why have your ace pitch less than 100 IP when he is capable of 200?? Not to mention the injury risk of moving him to relief work and working him immediately, day after day.

No, but you see, in Charlie Manuel's world, a reliever is more valuable because he makes 70 plus appearances while a starter only makes 30 plus appearances on the season. Who can argue with that logic? ;7
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby wildbill » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:52 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:No, but you see, in Charlie Manuel's world, a reliever is more valuable because he makes 70 plus appearances while a starter only makes 30 plus appearances on the season. Who can argue with that logic? ;7

I don't think Charlie's even aware he's the manager of a major league baseball team. He's got alzhimers and mad cow. How else could you possibly explain his "managing" style? Maybe he's been drinking water from the river and eating tainted cheese steaks?
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby poopdungbeatle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:18 pm

wildbill wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:No, but you see, in Charlie Manuel's world, a reliever is more valuable because he makes 70 plus appearances while a starter only makes 30 plus appearances on the season. Who can argue with that logic? ;7

I don't think Charlie's even aware he's the manager of a major league baseball team. He's got alzhimers and mad cow. How else could you possibly explain his "managing" style? Maybe he's been drinking water from the river and eating tainted cheese steaks?

LOL! mad cow.......LOL!
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby poopdungbeatle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:21 pm

ScrappyDoo wrote:Im in a H2H league with BAA and K/9 as extra cats. We start SP SP RP RP P and roster changes are daily and having him allows me to start 4 closers every day. Those extra saves usually mean the difference in winning saves for the week. Him being a closer with SP eligibility makes him even more attractive.

I know what you mean. My league is similar set up. SP SP SP SP RP RP RP RP P P. I would stick myers in one of the SP slots and never move him. I never have 4 SP go in one day anyways. At first, i really wanted Myers to go back into the rotation. But with the changes i've made to my team.....i need him to go back to closing!

WTF is this news about him rehabbing differently!??! ahhhhh!
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cwrtlm » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:47 am

Heard last night on the game broadcast that they expect Myers to be back sometime next week, and they speculated that he would go back to rotation eventually after Gordon returns. But again just speculation. Any other reports?
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates