Brett Myers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brett Myers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brett Myers

Postby dca5627 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 am

Jun 12 Ken Mandel, of Philadelphia.Phillies.MLB.com, reports Philadelphia Phillies RP Brett Myers (shoulder) played catch Monday, June 11, and will do so again Tuesday, June 12.

Jun 11 Myers told the Philadelphia Inquirer that he would throw off a mound on Tuesday for the first time since he went on the disabled list with a strained right shoulder on May 25.
Advice: Myers, who is 1-2 with six saves in seven chances, told the newspaper that he still thinks he can return to the field next Monday.

I take this as really good news. Do you think he'll come back in as the closer or back to SP?
dca5627
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brett Myers

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:06 am

dca5627 wrote:
I take this as really good news. Do you think he'll come back in as the closer or back to SP?

ive posted this so many times i hope its true, but the phillies are reporting they arent even considering putting myers back in the rotation this season.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazing Oopah » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:38 am

But what about the rumors that Garcia's season, and perhaps his career, may be over? I'm sure they would at least consider plugging back into the rotation under that scenario, no?
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby philly4life553 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
dca5627 wrote:

ive posted this so many times i hope its true, but the phillies are reporting they arent even considering putting myers back in the rotation this season.

i think with garcia being hurt they need another starter. they should atleast consider puttig him back in the rotation.
philly4life553
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:37 pm

This isnt exactly good news

Jun 13 The Phillies are now saying that Myers (shoulder) is out at least another two weeks, the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

Recommendation: Initial reports had suggested that Myers could be activated by Monday, but he'll need to make a minor-league rehab stint and was just able to begin throwing off of a mound on Tuesday. Antonio Alfonseca will hold onto the closer's role for what appears to be the rest of June.
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ryno23 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 pm

KFFL:
Phillies | Myers not expected to return until end of June
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:59:18 -0700

Stephen Miller, of The Morning Call, reports Philadelphia Phillies CL Brett Myers (shoulder) is not expected to return until the end of June, despite him throwing off the mound for the first time Tuesday, June 12. Myers has said he feels he can return as early as June 18, but GM Pat Gillick is not going to rush him back onto the field. RP Antonio Alfonseca will hold down closing duties until Myers is able to return.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:07 pm

Myers must have had a Harden like setback to go from coming back monday to maybe at the end of June. Wouldn't you know I have both on my team. :o :~(
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby clevername » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:55 pm

I don't think this is much of a surprise. The surprise was when they suddenly said he would be back next week. We had been hearing all along that he likely needed a rehab stint in the minors before coming back.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby OgreBallz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:46 pm

Be happy though that he is doing a minor league stint first...make sure that he is OK before being brought up. Last thing I need on my team is to have him blow out his arm even worse by going all out his first day back in the bigs...
OgreBallz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mrider » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:11 am

Hopefully he gets a spot in the rotation. A starter that has his talent is more valuble then most closers. So hopfull hes back in a couple weeks healthy and ready to go back to the rotation.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates