What are you listening to now? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What are you listening to now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:26 am

I'll be the first to admit my musical tastes aren't very "diverse," and that's just the way I like it.

Jay-Z -- "N**** What, N**** Who"
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:13 am

Jigga's good, but I was disappointed with the Black Album.

Right now, it's: Trapt - Headstrong

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:08 pm

Eminem---8 Mile.

:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:41 pm

Chingy- One Call Away.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kentx12 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Evanescence - Wake me up ;-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby kentx12 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:40 pm

I had just posted in here and hate to do it again but I had just put a bunch of songs in my playlist and had no idea this wa here. It deserves mention

Dr. Hook Cover of The Rolling StoneFor those of you who have never heard it It is a great old tune. I would suggest wasting time for a download. ;-D ;-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby denvermax » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:48 pm

Brokentusks9 wrote:^^^AT THE DRIVE-IN 4EVA!!!!

Listening to Coheed and Cambria right now. ;-D

right on! at the drive in was so good! :-)
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby erknjerk » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:09 am

N.E.R.D.
erknjerk Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:27 am

LBJackal wrote:I don't get what's with these "Indie Music" lovers. Does it sound better because not a lot of people know about it :-? Nickelback was the best thing since sliced bread until they became huge and now EVERYBODY in Canada hates them, pointing out that they're too mainstream. I think it's the feeling of knowing songs other people havn't heard of that makes it special, like it's your own. Kinda like anti-conformity, which punk music used to be, and now it's the ultimate form of conformity while shunning the very type of music they produce (ie: Sum 41, Avril Lavigne).

I'm sure that's part of it, but there's also the aspect of supporting folks like Emm Gryner (speaking of Canadians :-) ) who got a raw deal from the music industry powers that be (see the Mercury-Universal merger).
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:10 pm

Arlo wrote:
LBJackal wrote:I don't get what's with these "Indie Music" lovers. Does it sound better because not a lot of people know about it :-? Nickelback was the best thing since sliced bread until they became huge and now EVERYBODY in Canada hates them, pointing out that they're too mainstream. I think it's the feeling of knowing songs other people havn't heard of that makes it special, like it's your own. Kinda like anti-conformity, which punk music used to be, and now it's the ultimate form of conformity while shunning the very type of music they produce (ie: Sum 41, Avril Lavigne).

I'm sure that's part of it, but there's also the aspect of supporting folks like Emm Gryner (speaking of Canadians :-) ) who got a raw deal from the music industry powers that be (see the Mercury-Universal merger).

People get upset when the band they got in on the ground floor with hits it big. Some of it has to do with their songs getting overplayed to the point that you can't stand hearing them anymore. But also some of the groups really alter their sound once they hit the mainstream in order to stay mainstream and keep producing radio-friendly hits. I don't blame them. Whatever gets you the money I guess. I think two prime examples of this are Sugar Ray and Incubus. Both were pretty hard when they started but once they had a radio hit that was more laid-back and mellow their next release was more tailored to that one hit song. After "Fly" Sugar Ray came out with the album '14:59' which was more summery laid-back tunes, a far cry from their songs on 'Floored' and an even farther cry from their debut 'Lemonade and Brownies'. Incubus had this great punk-funk fusion thing going (see S.C.I.E.N.C.E. or the EP Enjoy Incubus). But once they had their hit with the song "Drive" they started doing more radio-friendly pop songs, which irritated their original fans. Again I don't blame them, you gotta go with what works I guess, but I think that it attributes to a lot of backlash from original fans.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk