Dimantle my make by AS break if I make up no ground? WHIR!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Dimantle my make by AS break if I make up no ground? WHIR!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kemper5 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:19 pm

5x5 12 team Roto Keeper. My team cannot get out from 9-12th place. Been stuck in this mode for over 2 months (Begining of season). I thought I had a competitive team here, Im way way far out of even the top 6 (by 25-40 points). Start to dismantle by AS break If I cannot get out of the bottom? I highlighted who I thought were going to be studs & key players, boy was I wrong.

C B. Molina
1st Fielder
2nd Uggla

SS Tulo
3rd Aram
OF Holliday
OF Beltran
OF Andruw Jones
OF Vernon Wells

OF Floyd
DH Konerko
DH Thome

DH Jose Lopez

P Clemens
P Smoltz
P Verlander
P Dice-K
P Harden

P Blanton
P Jeff Suppan
P Kevin Slowey
P Pat Neshek

Tom Gordon (DL)
Kenny Rogers (DL)
Jason Giambi (DL)
Fransisco Liriano (DL)

MY Offense is my biggerst struggler as Im tanking in AVE, R, RBI's, SB's. My pitching could is solid with exception of Saves and K's.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dimantle my make by AS break if I make up no ground? WHIR!!

Postby ChickenBaseball » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:42 pm

I would ride it out for the rest of the season. Your infield is not hurting you that bad, except A-Ram is fighting injury. He will come around. Tulo is clearly your weak spot, but you have enough bats to cover him.

Your outfield is your major problem. Jones, Wells, and Beltran are doing very poorly at the plate. Eventually they will wake up, and you'll rocket up in the standings like owners of Soriano/Sheffield/Abreu owners have done. Dont make any foolish moves with that outfield, 'cause I think you'll be sorry.

Be patient, and make sure you plug Konerko into the DH. He's doing a little better than Thome right now. Maybe you can pick up Felix Pie in place of Floyd.
ChickenBaseball Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kemper5 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:42 pm

I don't know, maybe I'll hold on until begining of August. To me I truely thought Fielder,Uggla,Aram,Holliday,Beltran,Andruw,V. Wells, Konerko,Thome, Smoltz,Verlander,Dice-K as a group were going to be a whole lot better. Clemens, Harden, Gordon * Kenny Rogers I cannot factor in yet, and hopefully Giambi makes a return. It's fustrating to have very little points out of this group above.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Denbo32 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:20 pm

well first problem is you totally tanked saves, so you out about 5 of 6 points that you will never be able to get now.

You also have all middle of the line up guys, while that generally not a problem, there not much room there to get SB and soild source of runs scored. I would look to find a way to get Lugo, he not doing great with alot of the numbers so he might be able to come cheap. I would also look for a 2nd baseman that would score runs and steal bases as well, someone like kaz matusi might be good, as he also might come cheap.

Uggla should have value as a 2nd basemant that produces like he does should be able to net back stuff and he young. You have to many players that are the same type, I think for roto you neeed all round players.

I would also trade Rocket soon
Denbo32
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kemper5 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:37 pm

My wonderful combination of Fielder/Andruw/Holliday/Konerko/J. Lopez/Tulo & Uggla so far are 3 for 24 on the night and tanking..Why can't my team provide a small spark of offense on the year?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Leena » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:07 pm

I'd dismantle and plan for next year. I've learned the hard way that you can't punt categories in roto. And you're basically punting TWO categories with saves, and not really trying for steals. Try trading for help in those.
Leena
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kemper5 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:45 pm

To think..Could Konerko,Andruw Jones,Vernon Wells and Carlos Beltran all have off years and miss their usual .300/30-40 HR, 100-125 RBI type years.. They are all off the mark of it now, some by alot. And I got em all..Oh my..

Another gorgous 5 for 35 typical night..Beltran,Fielder,Holliday,Andruw,Vernon, Konerko 0-for..0-for

Signed..Wanting to hold but dropping to the bottom of the standings
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kemper5 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:04 pm

I dismantled a few players off my team in a trade last night, but hope togain ground. Traded Vernon Wells, Dan Uggla and Carlos Beltran (who have all struggled for me badly) for Arod, Michael Cuddyer and Huston Street (traded before the news came out today) I feel Cuddyer and Arod are upgrades over Vernon & Carlos.. Anyways If this year does not work out for me I know Arod,Fielder,Holliday,Verlander & Aram will be decent keepers..Amazing to think Fielder,Uggla,Aram,Holliday,Beltran,Andruw Jones, Vernon Wells,Konerko & Thome could not do JACK for me Ave,RBI,Run wise..Nada..Lower in the standings in all those catagories
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Denbo32 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:10 am

Arod is great, Cuddy is okay, he not better then beltran or wells.

This trade didn't address your needs, and it still way to early to give up on this season.
Denbo32
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Denbo32 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 am

another thing you did that was bad that was if you planning for next season, you sold two player at the lowest point they will ever be.

Beltran has 1 RBI in 2 weeks, as a first round pick. Wells just got injuried in the Groin.

You gave up way to much just for arod really.
Denbo32
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team