7th sig - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

7th sig

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

7th sig

Postby soxrock556 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:13 pm

This is my 7th sig what do you guys think of it?

http://www.freewebs.com/cubsox1234/sigs.htm
^^CHECK OUT MINE AND SPORTSFAN1433 SIGS^^
soxrock556
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7th sig

Postby Idahofan1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:32 pm

looking a lot better. Next, I would play with some stocks, and work on coloring with some color balance or something
Idahofan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: GM headquarters of the Rubber game's brooklyn dodgers

Postby Danger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Looks really good. I think you just have to blend the render in better with the background which the color balance that Idahofan suggested should fix. Personally I wouldn't have used that picture of Felix either but that's just me :b
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:22 pm

BORDER ;)

you're getting better, but still need some work. your text is just sorta floating in space out there. give it some shadowing or underline or something. the bg could be worked on too, and the big face of felix is a tad distracting to the rest of the sig.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Idahofan1 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:17 am

a couple things you can do to fix floating text:

1. Simply place the text at the bottom of the sig. Thats where it ought to be anyway

2. Put some lines or some periods under the text. This technique is kind of hard, because you have to make the lines flow with the sig, and that can take a lot of practice.

3. Place tiny text under the regular text, like in my Hatteberg sig. The tiny text isnt meant to be read, it just prevents floating text.

And remember, the font does not have to be snazzy. 90% of the time, I just use arial.
Idahofan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: GM headquarters of the Rubber game's brooklyn dodgers

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:04 am

some good advice, but i disagree with idaho in 1 regard. im not a fan of the little text that you cant read, i.e. the hattegberg. i like some small text underneath to give it some more texture, but not alot, and i like it to be able to be read, but this is a good example of sig preference. do what you like and think looks good.

hes 100 % right about the text. it doesnt have to be complicated, but there are some things you need to do to it to make it not look like you didnt spend anytime on it. sure idaho mostly used arial, but he does a few other things to make it blend and fit with the rest of the sig.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off