Stathead Survey - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stathead Survey

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stathead Survey

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:13 pm

From Bob Ngo, who is writing his sociology dissertation on the sabermetric community, comes a survey for we statheads to look at and fill out. From his e-mail:

Like I said before, I probably won’t be able to use this in my work since the sample is decidedly non-probability, but I think it would be fun. I’ll keep it running until the end of July and then I’ll compile a report

So even if you’re not going to be interviewed by Bob, you can still fill it out without screwing up his work. Be interesting to see what the results are. Interesting to me, anyway, and that’s the only definition of interesting I care about.

Take the Survey...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stathead Survey

Postby rjforlife » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:15 pm

you linked to this:

SABR Interviewee Pre-Survey
You're Done! Thanks for Taking the Survey
For those of you who will be interviewed, this should allow us to spend more time during our actual interview on the more interesting things about your relationship with Sabermetrics. For those of you who aren't being interviewed, it should be interesting to find out how the sabermetric community looks as a group.

If you used an alias instead of your email address, please remember to email me at mailto:bobngo@gmail.com and let me know who you are. Also, if you have any feedback about the survey, please drop me a line.

Thanks for all of your help again and I will talk to you soon!

For more information about my research, check out my research website and my research blog.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby rjforlife » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:15 pm

ok now it works. !+)
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rjforlife » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:19 pm

bighort are you a 26 year old white male currently in a domestic partnership with a college diploma and currently working as a cook?
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:20 pm

rjforlife wrote:bighort are you a 26 year old white male currently in a domestic partnership with a college diploma and currently working as a cook?

White male with college diploma, but the rest are not correct. Before this gets taken further off-topic, PM me as to why...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ScarletP » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
rjforlife wrote:bighort are you a 26 year old white male currently in a domestic partnership with a college diploma and currently working as a cook?

White male with college diploma, but the rest are not correct. Before this gets taken further off-topic, PM me as to why...

At one point when I was looking at the survey, it already had answers filled in. Possible that the link was to your already filled out survey?
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:15 pm

ScarletP wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

At one point when I was looking at the survey, it already had answers filled in. Possible that the link was to your already filled out survey?

Seems like it may be answers from whoever took the survey last or something. When I took it, though, none of the answers were filled in. However based on rj's PM, the information he had wasn't mine.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:22 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
ScarletP wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:White male with college diploma, but the rest are not correct. Before this gets taken further off-topic, PM me as to why...

Seems like it may be answers from whoever took the survey last or something. When I took it, though, none of the answers were filled in. However based on rj's PM, the information he had wasn't mine.

so you are not going to make me breakfast %6
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Return to Baseball Leftovers