A good take on trade vetos - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

A good take on trade vetos

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A good take on trade vetos

Postby las_vegas_keith » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:19 pm

I saw this on Rotoworld's Waiver Wired column by Tim Dierkes. I thought it spoke well of dealing with vetos. I have seen lots of people vetoing trades because they thought they weren't really fair. I thought I would pass it along. Enjoy.

"Before we jump into today's waiver pickup candidates, let's talk trades a little bit. Specifically, trade vetoes. A lot of folks email me telling me about a veto situation or asking me whether they think a certain trade should be allowed to pass.

I have a very "hands off" philosophy on this. Unless there is some reason to label it corruption or collusion, the deal stands. When I make trades, I rarely consider them "even." I think I'm getting at least a slight advantage, or I wouldn't make the trade. Real GMs do it this way too. Stupidity should not be vetoed. Just get the stupid people out of your league the following year. Everyone had the same opportunity to hit up the dumb guy with a lopsided offer. Don't veto it out of spite or because it will make things harder for your team. That's my two cents."
las_vegas_keith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A good take on trade vetos

Postby Oatsdad » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:43 pm

las_vegas_keith wrote:
"Before we jump into today's waiver pickup candidates, let's talk trades a little bit. Specifically, trade vetoes. A lot of folks email me telling me about a veto situation or asking me whether they think a certain trade should be allowed to pass.

I have a very "hands off" philosophy on this. Unless there is some reason to label it corruption or collusion, the deal stands. When I make trades, I rarely consider them "even." I think I'm getting at least a slight advantage, or I wouldn't make the trade. Real GMs do it this way too. Stupidity should not be vetoed. Just get the stupid people out of your league the following year. Everyone had the same opportunity to hit up the dumb guy with a lopsided offer. Don't veto it out of spite or because it will make things harder for your team. That's my two cents."

THANK YOU! This is exactly the opinion I expressed in my "Why Veto?" thread. I hate the frigging veto option...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner