So How Did Bailiey Look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So How Did Bailiey Look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: So How Did Bailiey Look?

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:48 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:He looked a lot like Christian Bayo now that he cut his hair if you ask me... and he's probably now the biggest Texas county hick in baseball. His favorite hobby is cleaning antique rifles.

On the mound I think he has Aaron Harang like stuff. He's got the same kind of swing-and-miss fastball. His curve can be wicked too, but it's obvious he has no idea where it's going, and his change up needs a lot of work.

He looked REALLY nervous out there at first. I'd temper your expectations for him in 2007. I don't think he has the polish yet.

Bailey can throw it in the high 90's and has better stuff than Harang. At 97+ mph, he has the most powerful arm by 2 or 3 mph in the entire Cincinnati team which is sad.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IllinoisBandit » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:22 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:He looked a lot like Christian Bayo now that he cut his hair if you ask me... and he's probably now the biggest Texas county hick in baseball. His favorite hobby is cleaning antique rifles.

On the mound I think he has Aaron Harang like stuff. He's got the same kind of swing-and-miss fastball. His curve can be wicked too, but it's obvious he has no idea where it's going, and his change up needs a lot of work.

He looked REALLY nervous out there at first. I'd temper your expectations for him in 2007. I don't think he has the polish yet.

Bailey can throw it in the high 90's and has better stuff than Harang. At 97+ mph, he has the most powerful arm by 2 or 3 mph in the entire Cincinnati team which is sad.

Let me know when he throws 97+, I'd love to see it.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:17 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:He looked a lot like Christian Bayo now that he cut his hair if you ask me.

If you are talking about Batman Begins Batman then yes, I totally agree....but isn't that guy's name Christian Bale :?
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:56 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Let me know when he throws 97+, I'd love to see it.

Yeah, sure...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... ed=rss_cin

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... /702220683

http://www.thechattanoogan.com/articles ... _88673.asp

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/art ... p&c_id=cin
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby IllinoisBandit » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:55 am

dclark0699 wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:He looked a lot like Christian Bayo now that he cut his hair if you ask me.

If you are talking about Batman Begins Batman then yes, I totally agree....but isn't that guy's name Christian Bale :?

Ya, actor brainfart there, but the resemblance is uncanny.

And I've watched him pitch a few times and have never once seen him hit 97 on the gun. Simple over-hype by the media. I don't deny he might be able to hit it in the bullpen if he muscles up a bit, but he works much lower, 92-94 (about the same as Harang).
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:12 am

IllinoisBandit wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:

Ya, actor brainfart there, but the resemblance is uncanny.

And I've watched him pitch a few times and have never once seen him hit 97 on the gun. Simple over-hype by the media. I don't deny he might be able to hit it in the bullpen if he muscles up a bit, but he works much lower, 92-94 (about the same as Harang).

Well, then you're wrong. Those are examples of him hitting 97+ in games. I believe he hit 96 mph on Friday and he can certainly hit 1 more mph.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:27 am

Havok1517 wrote:Well, then you're wrong. Those are examples of him hitting 97+ in games. I believe he hit 96 mph on Friday and he can certainly hit 1 more mph.

Man, I've seen Jamie Moyer dial it up to 79 mph a few times, so he could almost certainly hit 1 more mph. Before you know it, he'll be finessing 99 mph heaters on the outside corner.

:-°
-Lane
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:40 am

I saw the the first 5 IP (just to watch Bailey) and he was pretty wild the whole time. I was kind of pissed at the pitch selection. He definitely needed to work his fastball more. I'm going to say this was an overall successful start (he was facing Cleveland) and I really expect him to dominate that devision.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rib217 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:16 am

I think his next outing is against the angels with Colon on the mound. Bailey sure has gotten a tough draw on his first two outings. I'm leaning towards sitting him again but if he can prove himself against the Indians and the Angels then he might just be worth putting in the rotation. thoughts?
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 am

I'm gonna let him fly again. The Angels aren't as strong an offensive team as Cleveland. This will be his second start, against a weaker team, and hopefully they'll let him use his nasty fastball more and that horrid change less. The upside outweighs the risks, IMO.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers