So How Did Bailiey Look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So How Did Bailiey Look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So How Did Bailiey Look?

Postby Jschmuck2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:50 am

I didn't get a chance to check out any of the highlights. I know he got the W but only went 4 and change.

How did his stuff look?
Jschmuck2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: So How Did Bailiey Look?

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:20 am

Jschmuck2 wrote:I didn't get a chance to check out any of the highlights. I know he got the W but only went 4 and change.

How did his stuff look?

He must have went 5 or he wouldn't have gotten the win
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:44 am

He went five. I watched the game.

His curveball had some sharp break but he had trouble throwing it for strikes. When it was a strike it was right down the middle.

He throws a cutter that had good movement and his fastball was looking shrp. Struck out Sizemore twice. And Blew his fastball by Victor and Hafner a few times.

He had some jitters and had a little trouble throwing stikes, but he looked pretty good.

The stat line isn't a good representation because he was hurt by his defense twice on plays that were not errors, but cost him. One on a throw to home that went over the cut mans head. Had they hit the cut that surely would have had
hafner at the plate.

High pitch count forces him out after 5.

Overall grade: B-
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jschmuck2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:16 pm

Heh - 5...right.

I count good. :?
Jschmuck2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby IllinoisBandit » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:11 pm

He looked a lot like Christian Bayo now that he cut his hair if you ask me... and he's probably now the biggest Texas county hick in baseball. His favorite hobby is cleaning antique rifles.

On the mound I think he has Aaron Harang like stuff. He's got the same kind of swing-and-miss fastball. His curve can be wicked too, but it's obvious he has no idea where it's going, and his change up needs a lot of work.

He looked REALLY nervous out there at first. I'd temper your expectations for him in 2007. I don't think he has the polish yet.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:21 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:He looked a lot like Christian Bayo now that he cut his hair if you ask me... and he's probably now the biggest Texas county hick in baseball. His favorite hobby is cleaning antique rifles.

On the mound I think he has Aaron Harang like stuff. He's got the same kind of swing-and-miss fastball. His curve can be wicked too, but it's obvious he has no idea where it's going, and his change up needs a lot of work.

He looked REALLY nervous out there at first. I'd temper your expectations for him in 2007. I don't think he has the polish yet.

I haven't seen him yet but your assessment matches the scouting reports I've seen so far this year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:21 pm

Narron says Bailey needs to be a little more efficient

On Saturday, the Reds rookie starting pitcher also was reminded of the season-high 114 pitches he threw over five innings.

“My arm really isn’t sore,” he said. “It’s more your back and your legs.”

..."The big thing he’s going to have to do is pitch ahead in the count a little better,” Reds manager Jerry Narron said. “I know they’re going to foul a lot of balls off just because of the stuff he has. But to be able to go deep into games, he’s going to have to be more efficient.

“If not, we’re going to have to get him up to about a 150-pitch count. I don’t think that’s going to happen.”

FULLY STORY
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:45 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Narron says Bailey needs to be a little more efficient

On Saturday, the Reds rookie starting pitcher also was reminded of the season-high 114 pitches he threw over five innings.

“My arm really isn’t sore,” he said. “It’s more your back and your legs.”

..."The big thing he’s going to have to do is pitch ahead in the count a little better,” Reds manager Jerry Narron said. “I know they’re going to foul a lot of balls off just because of the stuff he has. But to be able to go deep into games, he’s going to have to be more efficient.

“If not, we’re going to have to get him up to about a 150-pitch count. I don’t think that’s going to happen.”

FULLY STORY

Well it was one start maybe its a bit early to start the criticism.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 pm

I watched every pitch and he looked good considering it was his very first start in the majors against a hard-hitting team. Control was decent but definately needs work and the change-up was a mess. His best pitch by far was his fastball. He threw it for 94-96, located it well, and blew it past some very good fastball hitters. Personally, I was surprised at the pitch selection. I would have thrown more FB until they proved they could hit it consistently (which they didn't). Instead, he threw more breaking and changes that he had trouble locating. He was also biten by some bone-headed defense that would have failed Baseball 101.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Hitmen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:44 pm

He looked OK for his 1st start.His defense let him down on Cleveland's 1st run. His curve looks to be wicked if he can get some command of it, which he didn't in his 1st start. His cutter impressed me the most. touched 96 MPH a few times but mostly worked around 93-94. Change needs work. Until he gets better command though he will probably be a 5 or 6 inning pitcher.
Hitmen
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers