Friends coming to Boston to visit me. Suggestions? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Friends coming to Boston to visit me. Suggestions?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Friends coming to Boston to visit me. Suggestions?

Postby bceagles04 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Mikes Pastry!!!!

Now THAT is an absolute MUST. Mikes Pastry is SO amazing.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:56 pm

bceagles04 wrote:

But be prepared for the long line..... :P

Worth the wait though ;D ;D ;D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Postby bceagles04 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:22 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:

But be prepared for the long line..... :P

Worth the wait though ;D ;D ;D

Last time the wait was somewhere between 30-45...but it is easily worth it! Great food
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby theclefe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:54 pm

DO NOT go to Cafe Pompey on Hanover late night. Worst place in the city, IMO. Check out South Street Diner in chinatown or Victoria Diner in Roxbury/SouthBay. I highly recommend Victoria's, but have never been after 10pm.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:20 am

pappymojo wrote:Not sure where you live in boston, but for a relaxed day, I would recommend a drive up to gloucester for a day at the beach followed by some lobster/fried clams. the water is colder than it is on the cape but it's a little closer driving wise.

Cape Ann...It's a lot closer than Cape Cod...I get home from Fenway in 45 minutes.
Tourists crack me up. It's an ocean, a large body of water. What's the big deal? And the one's who've seen the Perfect Storm and want to go to the Crow's Nest... :b It's a dump! Don't take your kids there! And just because it was on the water in the movie doesn't mean it's on the water in real life! I've lived here my entire life, I know where it is!! !+)[/rant]

If you want some real good seafood, send me a PM and I'll drop you a few places to dine. ;D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby talan37 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:40 pm

Marthas vineyard? :t

Sunset Cafe in allston(not the one right next to BU but the one farther out), last time I was there they had 192 different tap beers, and you can get beer in a yard glass. That should be all the entertainment you need. Plus pretty decent food... if you have room after all the beer you will be drinking.

You could drive around until you see big papi's hummer and take pictures with it.(last time I ate at capital grill I sat at a table next to kevin millar and few other guys)

Go to a concert at one of the small venues, they are great if you have buddies who have never been to a concert that wasn't in a stadium.

Definitely check out one of the killer irish bars, there are a few that have small traditional irish bands that play on fridays and saturday nights.

Go to atleast one of the popular BU or Northeastern college bars to pick up some hot chicks.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:42 pm

What part of the middle of July? The White Stripes will be at the Agganis Arena on July 23d ;D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:56 pm

talan37 wrote:Marthas vineyard? :t

Sunset Cafe in allston(not the one right next to BU but the one farther out), last time I was there they had 192 different tap beers, and you can get beer in a yard glass. That should be all the entertainment you need. Plus pretty decent food... if you have room after all the beer you will be drinking.

You could drive around until you see big papi's hummer and take pictures with it.(last time I ate at capital grill I sat at a table next to kevin millar and few other guys)

Go to a concert at one of the small venues, they are great if you have buddies who have never been to a concert that wasn't in a stadium.

Definitely check out one of the killer irish bars, there are a few that have small traditional irish bands that play on fridays and saturday nights.

Go to atleast one of the popular BU or Northeastern college bars to pick up some hot chicks.

He said in his post that they aren't of legal drinking age though...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby talan37 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:00 am

My bad, I'm retarded. Touristy things then, check out all the different malls, maybe a duck boat tour, imax theater near docks downtime, MFA is nice too and easy access from the green line.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby theclefe » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:38 pm

theclefe wrote:DO NOT go to Cafe Pompey on Hanover late night. Worst place in the city, IMO. Check out South Street Diner in chinatown or Victoria Diner in Roxbury/SouthBay. I highly recommend Victoria's, but have never been after 10pm.

So, someone got stabbed at the baseball field across the street. Plus, I don't think it is open 24 hours. Therefore I am recanting my recommendation. Cafe Pompey still is crap though.

There is also a place on Salem St. in the North End that puts ice cream into muffins and doughnuts. Haven't tried them, but I think it is interesting.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk