Commish Pickup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commish Pickup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Commish Pickup

Postby jetsdec89 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:10 pm

So I get home today and on my league board that a 3-way trade went through involving our league commish. At the same time one of the teams involved posted a message that said dont pick up any of the dropped players during the trade because they were doing some 2 for 1 deals i guess the dropping a player and the other team would pick that player up. So in one of the last parts of the trade one team drops jermaine dye so im thinking this is just part of the trade so dont even think about it. Then i check back 10 mins later and dye is still a free agent so i im the commish(who was in trade but didnt drop dye)and ask him if i can pick dye up or if he is part of the trade. So what does he do but so oh too late and picks him up. Do I have a valid compliant because i know he had the right to pick him up but he is the commish and i thought he should just say yea u can pick him up. What do u think i should do, all of these kids in my league go to my school including the commish and we are all friends. I wouldnt be too upset but this is a money league and the commishs team is right below mine in the standings.
jetsdec89
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Commish Pickup

Postby JTWood » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:02 am

Sounds like you might have a legitimate complaint there. Approach the commish privately first, but if he's stubborn about it, or appears to be hiding some unethical behavior, take the issue public and confront him in front of the entire league.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jetsdec89 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:11 am

I talked to the commish and he said that he would trade me dye for j. hamilton but now hes backed out of the deal, so im gonna tell the league what he did and see wat response i get.
jetsdec89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:31 pm

JTWood wrote:Sounds like you might have a legitimate complaint there. Approach the commish privately first, but if he's stubborn about it, or appears to be hiding some unethical behavior, take the issue public and confront him in front of the entire league.

I mainly agree but I would have probably just picked Dye up and then handled it. Worst case, the commish can add him to the proper team.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby jetsdec89 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:44 pm

I would have just added him but this has happened before and people have picked up a player there werent supposed to and everyone was bitching and complaining. I thought i should just make sure i could pick him up before i actually did just so it wouldn't start again. Our league is very short tempered so i asked him but i didnt think this would happen.
jetsdec89
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner