Chad Billingsley situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chad Billingsley situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chad Billingsley situation

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:09 pm

What is going on?????? The Dodgers arent using him out of the bullpen . They rather trot out there bums like Hendrickson and Tomko. If he's not even being used as a reliever they should stick his ass in the rotation...!!!!!!!!!! :P :P
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chad Billingsley situation

Postby bravelaker » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:13 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:What is going on?????? The Dodgers arent using him out of the bullpen . They rather trot out there bums like Hendrickson and Tomko. If he's not even being used as a reliever they should stick his ass in the rotation...!!!!!!!!!! :P :P

Maybe its just me but Little just doesnt seem to like him. He seems to want any option but him. As much as I hate to admit it im expecting them to trade him.
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jealousblues » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:44 pm

the Cards need a pitcher ;-)

but seriously wasnt this guy supposed to be a pretty good prospect a year or two ago?
Whats the story
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Philliebuster » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:34 pm

Well...you have Penny, Lowe, Schmidt, and then Wolf who are the solid 4 starters. Kuo has first dibs at the #5 spot. Kuo is a pretty good prospect himself, with a very good K/9. With Saito's recent injuries, and Broxton getting touched up recently...Little at least knows that he's got a solid guy in Billingsley to set the table, and fill in if needed. Once Saito and Broxton settle back down...the four previously mentioned starters have a nack for getting injured. I'd say Billingsley will get his shot sooner than later. At least Little hasn't said that CB won't get his shot. Be patient, he's getting some good learning in the setup role. Not saying CB's going to be the next Johan, but similarly he started out the same way.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Gotta agree the situation makes no sense. They haven't given Bills a rotation slot, even though he definately should have had one over Tomko and Henricksen from Day One and certainly over Kuo, and they don't seem to be using him nearly enough in relief. The guy's their best SP prospect and he's been buried in mid-relief. Has the team noticed he's been lights-out and K-ing everyone in sight??
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:Gotta agree the situation makes no sense. They haven't given Bills a rotation slot, even though he definately should have had one over Tomko and Henricksen from Day One and certainly over Kuo, and they don't seem to be using him nearly enough in relief. The guy's their best SP prospect and he's been buried in mid-relief. Has the team noticed he's been lights-out and K-ing everyone in sight??

Amen to that. I am ready to pick him up when he gets the call. He's probably a guy that most owners have given up on.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby mj85 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:41 am

I just nabbed him in my keeper league. Somehow he was sitting out there on the FA list. Here's to hoping he gets the nod soon.
mj85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:05 am

I agree with the "Grady doesn't like him" argument. It makes no sense and with his K/9 he needs to be starting
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:00 pm

Note that Schmidt got knocked around on Sunday with a FB that reportedly topped out at 87-88. If that's true, he's not healthy and the team could have another rotation slot open soon.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pantagrapher » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:29 pm

It looks like the Dodgers are going to be battling it out in their division until late in the season, so I'm betting they want to squirrel away some second-half innings on CB's young arm. I hate it right now, but I think it's the smart move for the team.
pantagrapher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers