Brendan Harris - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brendan Harris

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:22 pm

jfg wrote:Guys, I'm pretty sure he needs 9 more games played at second... The Yahoo position eligibility is a countdown not how many he has actually played. I made the same mistake last year with Melvin Mora.


Doh! Sorry about that... crap.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5655
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby alchemy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:22 pm

Yeah, he has only played 1 game at 2B this season.

Is he a good enough fielder that he could be a future answer for the team at SS?

(I know Brignac is in the minors but he is definitely not going to be ready for the next year or two despite what the prospect lists suggest).
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 174
Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:27 pm

alchemy wrote:Yeah, he has only played 1 game at 2B this season.

Is he a good enough fielder that he could be a future answer for the team at SS?

(I know Brignac is in the minors but he is definitely not going to be ready for the next year or two despite what the prospect lists suggest).



Harris is a great Fielder, but Brignac is the future. With that being said, Brignac has sturggled this year in AA so he may be farther off than once thought.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby alchemy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:35 pm

I had Brignac in my keeper league and was very happy to unload him earlier this year.

Would be nice to get a couple seasons of production out of Harris who I picked up a few weeks ago. So hard to get good shortstops and who knows? Maybe that 2003 scouting report that compared him to Albert Pujols coudl be correct? (Looking up to the sky and praying to fantasy gods!).
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 174
Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:38 pm

alchemy wrote:I had Brignac in my keeper league and was very happy to unload him earlier this year.

Would be nice to get a couple seasons of production out of Harris who I picked up a few weeks ago. So hard to get good shortstops and who knows? Maybe that 2003 scouting report that compared him to Albert Pujols coudl be correct? (Looking up to the sky and praying to fantasy gods!).


Having a guy behind you being declared 'the future' at the position you're playing could be quite a motivating factor.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5655
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby Philomath » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:36 am

I wanted to bump this thread since Harris has been struggling at the plate some. Any new thoughts on him?
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 219
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: seeking

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:02 am

Philomath wrote:I wanted to bump this thread since Harris has been struggling at the plate some. Any new thoughts on him?



The whole Ray organization is struggling at the plate. He is the only one who is hitting over .300 on the team and he has not had a stretch of two games where he did not at least get one hit.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby stymie38 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:13 pm

Am considering dropping Harris for the Twins' Jason Bartlett.

Any general thoughts?
stymie38
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 173
Joined: 19 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby Philomath » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:45 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Philomath wrote:I wanted to bump this thread since Harris has been struggling at the plate some. Any new thoughts on him?



The whole Ray organization is struggling at the plate. He is the only one who is hitting over .300 on the team and he has not had a stretch of two games where he did not at least get one hit.


I jumped the gun a little here, admittedly.

stymie38 wrote:Am considering dropping Harris for the Twins' Jason Bartlett.

Any general thoughts?


I think/hope Harris will still be a good play. Bartlett is getting steals, so if you need help in that category, then maybe?! This may get a better answer in the correct forum, though.
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 219
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: seeking

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:10 pm

Harris has been moved to 3rd in the lineup for the forseeable future as CC has thrived at the 2 hole. He will get some great RBI and Run opps going forward
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact