Brendan Harris - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brendan Harris

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brendan Harris

Postby Bwanna » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:29 am

and another. 3 for 4 tonight + HR and a triple.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:17 pm

Picked him up as a fill in while E-Rent was struggling and now they are both everyday players. Loving it! ;D ;D
TN_Titans_05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:18 pm

Not my long term solution as I have Weeks still on the DL and Upton also on the DL. But he's been very solid since I picked him up and I will keep him until both Weeks/Upton are back 100%
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dooz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Taken from Harris's profile:

Schuyler Dombroske wrote:The Cubs are on the cusp of something special, with good to great prospects at nearly every position, a group of young flamethrowers, and a superstar to bring it all together. Choi, Hill, Harris, Kelton, Pie, Patterson, and Jackson are all at least somewhat exciting on the offensive end, although there is no conceivable situation that could get more than five of them in the lineup in the next few years. In the rotation, Prior is, well, there’s really no words that would suffice there, and Wood and Clement can both be dominant. Between Cruz, Zambrano, Farnsworth, and Francis Beltran, someone will emerge throwing pellets out of the pen, and they have guys like Guzman, Sisco, and Hagerty moving up behind this group. It is truly a dizzying array of talent...

!+)

Isn't it fun to relive the past?
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby dooz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Yoda wrote:Not my long term solution as I have Weeks still on the DL and Upton also on the DL. But he's been very solid since I picked him up and I will keep him until both Weeks/Upton are back 100%

But I think its time to start considering him a long term solution? He clearly had success in the minors and he seems to be the real deal. I'd rather have Upton/Weeks (I actually have them in a keeper so I feel you pain) too but I would imagine you will not enjoy throwing Harris back to the FA pool(hopefully you have a MI slot open?).
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:56 pm

dooz wrote:
Yoda wrote:Not my long term solution as I have Weeks still on the DL and Upton also on the DL. But he's been very solid since I picked him up and I will keep him until both Weeks/Upton are back 100%

But I think its time to start considering him a long term solution? He clearly had success in the minors and he seems to be the real deal. I'd rather have Upton/Weeks (I actually have them in a keeper so I feel you pain) too but I would imagine you will not enjoy throwing Harris back to the FA pool(hopefully you have a MI slot open?).

Not sure but it's still too early to tell IMO. He was pretty good in Apr, May but he is having a power surge in Jun. I would need to see him keep this up until at least end of Jul or so to believe that he is for real.

I can wait though. I think Weeks will continue to have problems and Upton probably won't be back any time soon. I am trying to move Lugo/Weeks for an upgrade at SS so I can keep both Harris/Upton.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby alchemy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:02 pm

Remember though that Harris' April numbers were based on utility starts as Zobrist was the starter at the beginning of the season.

As a Harris owner, I'm hoping the coincidence of regular playing time and the power surge are more than just coincidence.
alchemy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Yoda wrote:
dooz wrote:

Not sure but it's still too early to tell IMO. He was pretty good in Apr, May but he is having a power surge in Jun. I would need to see him keep this up until at least end of Jul or so to believe that he is for real.

I can wait though. I think Weeks will continue to have problems and Upton probably won't be back any time soon. I am trying to move Lugo/Weeks for an upgrade at SS so I can keep both Harris/Upton.

He's holding down my MI spot as well while Upton is out. The thing that really struck me before I picked him up two weeks ago, was that his batting average over the season didn't have any peaks and valleys, he'd just been consistently hitting. I really never expected the power surge.

I'm not sure what I'll do with him when BJ comes back up, but my two other MI'ers (KJohnson and KazMat) may have to ride the bench for a while.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby dracovonborax » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:44 pm

7 k in the last 2 days with only 1 hit. has the train hit a bump or do we keep riding?
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:55 pm

dracovonborax wrote:7 k in the last 2 days with only 1 hit. has the train hit a bump or do we keep riding?

after almost hitting for the cycle.

Geez people are fickle :-°
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers