Hunter Pence - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hunter Pence

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby MarqueeENT » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:29 pm

I love how when I read the Chronicle the next morning it said he was supposed to play. Sadly enough, this guy was pretty much my best batter :~(
Image
MarqueeENT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 47
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Screwston, Texas

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby charliebrown2 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:13 pm

so how long is Pence supposed to be out? I thought I read 4-6 weeks (6 weeks being the end of fantasy regular season)...but yahoo has him under 15-day DL?

I have a feeling yahoo is wrong...again
Image
charliebrown2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 799
Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby Rounders » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:17 pm

charliebrown2 wrote:so how long is Pence supposed to be out? I thought I read 4-6 weeks (6 weeks being the end of fantasy regular season)...but yahoo has him under 15-day DL?

I have a feeling yahoo is wrong...again


What else would he be under? There's a 15 day DL and a 60 day DL, and 4-6 weeks is less than 60 days, so he's on the 15 day DL.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 898
Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby Ursa » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:42 pm

Rounders wrote:
charliebrown2 wrote:so how long is Pence supposed to be out? I thought I read 4-6 weeks (6 weeks being the end of fantasy regular season)...but yahoo has him under 15-day DL?

I have a feeling yahoo is wrong...again


What else would he be under? There's a 15 day DL and a 60 day DL, and 4-6 weeks is less than 60 days, so he's on the 15 day DL.

Not only that, different rostering rules apply to each DL, I believe. Virtually everyone goes on the 15 day DL unless they're pretty much done for the year.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1935
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby charliebrown2 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:44 pm

ok, thanks for the info
Image
charliebrown2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 799
Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby bretnsid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:15 pm

ROTOWORLD.com update, August 5th:

Hunter Pence (wrist) will begin hitting baseballs off a tee Sunday after taking some swings Saturday at a tee without a baseball.
"I'm taking dry swings and doing weight resistance, but it's doing a lot better and coming along pretty good," Pence said. He threw the ball last Saturday and Sunday for the first time since getting injured. The rookie sensation tried to throw Thursday in Atlanta but wasn't able to.
Source: Houston Chronicle

Is anyone else freaking out that he couldnt "throw a baseball" as recent as thursday? :-o

I'm having Pence withdrawals, can somebody give me some good news?
Image
...somewhere, on other planets, actual "Beasts" are referring to each other as "Brauns."
bretnsid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 763
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby AdvRider » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:53 pm

bretnsid wrote:I'm having Pence withdrawals, can somebody give me some good news?


Um, he should be at full strength for spring training 2008 ... ? :-?

Let's face it, it's a wrist injury. Bad news. Look @ Weeks. Odds are only so-so that young Hunter can return to .330 form in say September. Maybe he can, but with the 'Stros out of the race, do they play their prized prospect full bore? Or baby him along to minimize chances of reaggravation and further damage? Heckuva run while it lasted tho...
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 651
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 49 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby JPCicciarelli » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:27 pm

Im having the same issue times 5

Im sitting on Utley, Pence, C. Ray and C. Young. Thankfully I have a 20+ game lead on first and have the talent to split series the rest of the year. Im hoping I can get the majority of these guys back in their previous shape by the time playoffs come around.
JPCicciarelli
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby pangbones » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:58 pm

I just picked him up off waivers. Hope he's ok for the playoffs!! :-o
Image
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4337
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Re: Hunter Pence

Postby Howie » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:54 pm

AdvRider wrote:
bretnsid wrote:I'm having Pence withdrawals, can somebody give me some good news?


Um, he should be at full strength for spring training 2008 ... ? :-?

Let's face it, it's a wrist injury. Bad news. Look @ Weeks. Odds are only so-so that young Hunter can return to .330 form in say September. Maybe he can, but with the 'Stros out of the race, do they play their prized prospect full bore? Or baby him along to minimize chances of reaggravation and further damage? Heckuva run while it lasted tho...


I'm thinking this way as well. Especially if you're playing in a roto league and cant stash him for the playoffs. Is it worth holding onto Pence and getting one month of him at 75% of his old self, or dropping him for someone who is a little worse but will give you two months stats?
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 3450
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: So Cal

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact