Hamels Peeved at LoDuca - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hamels Peeved at LoDuca

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hamels Peeved at LoDuca

Postby Noggy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:49 am

Didn't Lo Duca almost get into a fight at home plate after someone took his pitcher deep in his first year with the Mets because of something like this?
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dillpickle » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:35 am

The most news worthy thing here is that LoDuca actually hit a HR.
dillpickle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dclark0699 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:58 am

cordscords wrote:Solution- Dont give up dingers, and you wont have this problem on your hands.

Try it.

1. Make the ballparks bigger. My high school field was bigger than most in the majors.

2. Bring back the low and high strikes.

3. Raise the mound back up.

Then maybe the ball will stay in the yard more often.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:07 am

Lot of good LoDuca's HR did. The Phils won anyway. So who gets the last laugh?
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Redefine9d » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:27 am

Noggy wrote:Didn't Lo Duca almost get into a fight at home plate after someone took his pitcher deep in his first year with the Mets because of something like this?

He said something to A-Rod last year after he hit a grand slam during the Subway Series. Giambi took exception to it and they almost got into something.
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:38 am

Guys do stuff like this all the time, I don't know why it made the headlines this time. Maybe Hamels doesn't pump his fist after a strikeout, but that doesn't mean other guys don't or hitters don't stare at their home runs. Should guys keep track of what pitchers do and don't get excited after a strikeout, and only celebrate a HR if that pitcher celebrates his K's? As long as you're willing to accept the consequences, I don't see the problem.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AllStar215 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:44 pm

Man this so stupid....I dont even know why Hamels is complaining....Its not that big of a deal....Lo Duca hit a the 3rd consecutive HR in that inning and gave the mets the lead after the controversial HR by Wright....I would be pretty excited too if I was Lo Duca....Hamels needs to shut up and pitch...Besides...Hes basically a rookie pitcher complaining and wanting respect...I could see if it was a veteran pitcher thats complaining....Just shut up and stop crying like a baby Hamels :t
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:46 pm

cordscords wrote:Solution- Dont give up dingers, and you wont have this problem on your hands.

that's like saying "solution - don't play baseball, then you'll never give up dingers."

hrs are an integral part of the game that unless you're god or a clone-hybrid of pedro, clemens, and unit in their primes, you will end up giving up. bat-flipping is not an integral part of baseball, and it's something that you as a batter do have a control over.

also, i think it's funny how hamels talks about loduca needing to show more class, then hints at there being retribution later.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:04 pm

It seems like every guy in the majors stares down his homers nowadays. What Lo Duca did is par for the course and wasn't anymore pronounced than what the Phillies had done in the series, including Rollins fist pumping. I don't know how much of this is Hamels and how much is the reporter but Hamels should just man up and shut up. He got owned in that inning, badly, but his team came back and picked him up. Seems like a dumb thing to dwell on. And the implication that Lo Duca should be worried is laughable. Maybe if this was the 80s or earlier but if Hamels drills Lo Duca in his first AB next game, he's liable to get thrown out.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AllStar215 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Amazinz wrote:It seems like every guy in the majors stares down his homers nowadays. What Lo Duca did is par for the course and wasn't anymore pronounced than what the Phillies had done in the series, including Rollins fist pumping. I don't know how much of this is Hamels and how much is the reporter but Hamels should just man up and shut up. He got owned in that inning, badly, but his team came back and picked him up. Seems like a dumb thing to dwell on. And the implication that Lo Duca should be worried is laughable. Maybe if this was the 80s or earlier but if Hamels drills Lo Duca in his first AB next game, he's liable to get thrown out.

I agree... ;D
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers